• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpina and Borrani (CMR) 13” Steel Rims

Conserv
Go to solution Solved by Conserv,

Ok. Here are pics of the sheared caps. As mentioned these came in a parts lot so I do not know the source. Two from the rear are still whole, while the pair from the front below are “kaput” - Just watched Criminal Germany on Netflix. Brought back my high school German classes. 

Any suggestions for sourcing two more are welcome!BBE7BF22-B7ED-4616-85F6-923D8C854405.jpeg

61FC7A97-6148-4FDF-9813-F47F70C79A0F.jpeg

'72 2002 Tundra/Saddle,

'72 2002tii Ceylon/Black 

'89 325is Alpine White/Sand - 88 535is Royal Blau Gray Leather M Cloth

Contact Dimitar through FAQ, and get a set for the front that you can take to a machine shop and have machined to properly fit your front hubs. He's a great vendor. He's correct--for some reason some of the wheel center openings simply don't leave enough room at the hub for his nice chrome hub centers. Rube Goldberg work-outs are necessary. Or "Mciver" solutions! Aloha, Robert

• Like 1

As Robert said, leave me on PM your address details and i will send you two caps from the machined version (you won’t need to go to machine chop). As i said the new caps are modified version, so this will not happen anymore. Most of the people won’t have problems with the old style, but as i said in the last post there are still some cases like this. 

• Like 2

07/73 BMW 2002tii Golf, powered Sunroof

Dimitar,

PM’d. How can I tell if you new version will work without ruining them? Should I measure the cap, or experiment with fitment before minting and driving?

Thanks 

Rich

'72 2002 Tundra/Saddle,

'72 2002tii Ceylon/Black 

'89 325is Alpine White/Sand - 88 535is Royal Blau Gray Leather M Cloth

Rich, 

Basically you should not have problems, because i test the caps to one of those types hubs that would cause damage to the cap, before sending them. But if you look at the last post from the previous page, the photo where the cap is fitted to the hub, it must be like this - the cap must be able to go all the way in the hub and the side lips of the cap to touch the hub. If there is a clearence between the side lips of the cap and the hub this means that the cap will be under pressure.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

07/73 BMW 2002tii Golf, powered Sunroof

Ok, now back the GOOD looking Borranis, you know, the ones with triangle cut outs ?

After almost 5 years of running with a set of R1-561's on my 76, I finally managed to pick up a spare R1-561. Its super crusty, but heading to SCR for a full makeover and eventual Bristol paint job. Not the same date code as the matching 3/72 set of 4 I have, but close enough dated 5/74. 

0.jpg

Edited by JohnP_02
  • Like 5

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels

1 hour ago, JohnP_02 said:

Ok, now back the GOOD looking Borranis, you know, the ones with triangle cut outs ?

After almost 5 years of running with a set of R1-561's on my 76, I finally managed to pick up a spare R1-561. Its super crusty, but heading to SCR for a full makeover and eventual Bristol paint job. Not the same date code as the matching 3/72 set of 4 I have, but close enough dated 5/74. 

0.jpg

My set are this dull gold as well. Was this a thing back in the day? Maybe just a trend?

7 hours ago, 1dollar93 said:

My set are this dull gold as well. Was this a thing back in the day? Maybe just a trend?

Mesh rims with gold centers? On your Sienabraun tii? Quintessential 1975!!! ?

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

8 hours ago, JohnP_02 said:

0.jpg

Although I, too, consider a “set” of rims to be 5 rims, I’m at a bit of a loss with that philosophy, since rims wider than 5” and tires wider than 175/70 only rarely fit in the spare tire well...

What do others do, referring to you 5-rim types?

Awaiting the “after” photo, John... ?

Thanks and regards,

Steve

• Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

50 minutes ago, Don Bower said:

My former 5.0-inch FPS alloy spare, 185/70, usually covered with a trunk mat.  Now running 6.5-inch Boranni's, same tires; fits the spare well similarly.

IMG_1512.jpg

I’d love to see a pic of the car with 6.5 inch borrannis if you don’t mind. 

On 5/19/2021 at 12:38 AM, Conserv said:

Although I, too, consider a “set” of rims to be 5 rims, I’m at a bit of a loss with that philosophy, since rims wider than 5” and tires wider than 175/70 only rarely fit in the spare tire well...

What do others do, referring to you 5-rim types?

Awaiting the “after” photo, John... ?

Thanks and regards,

Steve

I don't carry a spare.

?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.