• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ti for sale

BrentF

Brake booster appears to be standard 2002, not a ti/tii one. I see the airbox brackets. Interesting. Battery seems to be higher than the really low ones in the ti - wonder if that has something to do with a possible nose and fender replacement?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

It's entirely possible someone transplanted a ti motor into a, perhaps less-rusty, '73 body. But those airbox brackets -- the originals are welded on -- strike me as either original or the work of a very dedicated tribute car builder, and nothing else about the car seems to suggest care. Perhaps the transplant was many years ago by a real enthusiast and the car fell upon hard times?

Or...just as my '69 02 (NOT a ti!) was registered as a '71 when I bought it -- quite simply a clerical error by the Pennsylvania DOT -- the year could be wrong or reflect a later sale or the date of Canadian import.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

here's the answer from the seller:

It is a 1969 ti power train from engine to rear axle in a 1973 body. I also have a other 1973 2002 base as a parts car....I am selling both for $5000.00 cash..

If you would like to view the car text me at 519 222 5002

Thank you DuArte

here's the answer from the seller:

It is a 1969 ti power train from engine to rear axle in a 1973 body. I also have a other 1973 2002 base as a parts car....I am selling both for $5000.00 cash..

If you would like to view the car text me at 519 222 5002

Thank you DuArte

Thank you, Jim!

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

So very interesting....

As previously mentioned, that the airbox mounts are on the car is very unusual, though I shudder at the use of the term tribute, which used to be what we called called fakes. Either someone puts them on a non ti to use the factory airbox (which makes oil changes from above more time consuming), or they're making a serious effort to build a replica, and hopefully they'll try to add the other important touches before they think of slapping a ti badge on each end to confuse the unwashed masses.

Plus, it looks like the engine bay is Colorado, which is the most common color for tis that I've gotten information from. And, I could be wrong, but I don't see many Colorado 1973 2002s, usually by then it was Inka.

I see other older stuff in there, too. Hmm.

Wonder how many fuses it has?

I should give the owner a call and see what else he can tell me.

Thanks for listing it!

vince

Went to see it today. Motor is VIN 1691118, so I figure late 70 or early 71 ti.

Body VIN that I could make out was 2583XXX.

He does have a lot of extra parts, new sheet metal, etc., and the other car is in pretty good shape, for a salt-belt car. Also had the ti clock mounted. No ti airbox. Couldn't find a name on the rims of the non-red car.

These pics should answer some of the questions. He bought these two cars hoping to build one. Recently lost his storage, and for the week they were outside, the red one had front and rear windows smashed. Now he just wants to move on.

post-1307-13667661791616_thumb.jpg

post-1307-13667661792531_thumb.jpg

post-1307-13667661793282_thumb.jpg

post-1307-13667661794054_thumb.jpg

post-1307-1366766179486_thumb.jpg

Jim, it looked more like the clear line that goes to the window washers.

That is scary if he is using washer hose for fuel lines.

Are you going to buy it/them? Wonder if the clock still works>>>?

No Jim, not planning on buying them. But a pretty fair deal in this neck of the woods, considering all the parts he has accumulated.

Happy to help out on this forum, which has given me some great guidance. But I might have bought it myself had it been a complete ti, so I had a vested interest in seeing it.

I would have liked to buy his Bosch fogs, but he's not ready to part it out....yet.