• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

e30 storm damage

M3M3

so we had that line of severe t-storms roll though friday night in the DC area. we lost power in the first 5 minutes and some tree limbs came down. saturday dawned to another 100 degree day. got the generator out, ran some power cords to the refrigerators, one room a/c and a fan. ok, might as well do some car maint. drove the e30 around to the front of the shop and parked it before clearing out some floor space so i could change the engine mounts.

then the power came back on. the there was a tree limb on the hot power line behind my house which quickly shorted the line and started the tree on fire. while i was out front trying to get a cell signal to call the fire dept, i heard a loud bang. ran out back to find the tree had snapped off, taking the powerline with it. the good news was the fire went out. the bad news is that the tree fell on the hood of my e30 325. argh!

2012-06-30_12-09-23_246.jpg

2012-06-30_12-09-14_820.jpg

2012-06-30_12-09-07_950.jpg

2012-06-30_12-09-40_928.jpg

good sized dent in the hood, small dents in the DS fender and roof.

and.....that downed wire only services about a dozen houses. we are now at the back of the line for getting power back. it has been two days so far and the power company told me it could be several more days. wx forecast says 95 deg temps for next week.

sigh.

2xM3

Those pictures sure surprised me based on what you showed me Sunday. Many folks including my parents are still without power. Luckily, they invested in a generator a few years ago. I talked to them tonight - power may be restored by the weekend??

Talked to my Ohio Sales Rep. today. He was DRIVING during that storm and saw a bunch of tractor trailers blown over on their side Friday night.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

No power here since Friday, and probably won't have it until Friday night. Lost water a couple days, but its back on for now (but not drinkable).

Borrowed a small generator from my dad to run the fridge and saltwater aquarium's pumps, and been watching previously downloaded TV shows and movies. Also, been using the campfire and gas grill.

Luckily no real damage to vehicles or property. Taking the Datsun to the drive-in theater tonight since they have power.

Currently on the internet at work at Ohio University. They're higher on the priority list for power....

post-15153-13667662021653_thumb.jpg

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I know all about those lovely generators! I've got one for when we get storms in WA. I've learned to ignore the drone of em :P Best of luck y'all!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2