• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two VERY nice tii s on Ebay

BrentF

Inka looks nice.

Malaga, Nice, though some overlooked details, example, center grill is upside down, while this is no big deal, there are a few other things that raise my 'that's not right' concern. This is the car I wanted when I was looking.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Andrew,

I agree with you, there are small details to nitpick with the Malaga. Later cluster and 74-76 interior. Achtung sticker and washer bottle are also for a 74-76. The trunk fuel sender and wiring doesn't look hooked up, there is no jack/tools, later model Steel Wheel with rust, and unreplaced fuel lines.

As always, you would need to see in person or have a trusted PPI to really know.

Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

The inka one is nice and is the exact car I would want. Not sure if it not being an original inka would bother me but it seems like it was well done.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

I like the INKA even though it was a Verona original.

-mpkwy

Agreed. A potential buyer should, nonetheless, understand precisely what the seller's detailed description means when it refers to, in the first line, a "donor car." Was this a bad choice of words or was it a precise choice of words, indicating that the car has been assembled from two cars?

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On the INKA, if he spent 35k restoring it, why did he spend an other 8K fixing the restoration? I had a restoration done by the same restorer and I ended up doing just the same.

The restoration on this car was done by the (aptly named?) Act 1 Restoration. Maybe the $35k spent on its restoration was Act 1 and the $8k was Act 2?

On the INKA, if he spent 35k restoring it, why did he spend an other 8K fixing the restoration? I had a restoration done by the same restorer and I ended up doing just the same.

Changing colors on a car that was one of 2500 (US manufacture/VIN)

is always a mistake.

The restorer is a "marketing guy". With these guys doing what they do this type of low quality work brings the rest of the values down.

Too bad that so many have to learn this the expensive way.

Credit to the owner to provide a factual listing.

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think 

Bidding on the Inka tii went to $15k, but failed to meet reserve before the auction ended. Car was re-listed on Ebay a second time, but with a BIN price this time of $19,500, which is what it appears the car sold for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320941913945+&lgeo=1&viewitem=&vectorid=229466

Malaga tii bidding is currently at $25,000 with about 5 hours to go on the auction but still not above the reserve

$26,700 was the final bid on the '73 Malaga...a good sign especially for all you "neigh sayers" out there. Not that "ebay" is the benchmark of auctioneers, but it does show that there are people out there who understand the cost of restoring these cars and that it still was far from the true restoration cost.

This is a good sign for those of you out there stating that may not be able to cash out for your grandkids college education.

72 Tii 2761525 Fjord- sunroof

73 Tii 2762870 Malaga- sunroof

73 Tii 2763356 Atlantic- sunroof

73 Tii 2763815 Fjord- sunroof