• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what are the chances

of re-attaching the cable to the heater valve whilst the heater box is still in the car?

I've manually closed the valve so there's no pressure to get it hooked up (particularly when the temps are +90!) but, it will be winter.

Anyone successfully attempted this?

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

Dennis -

You will need small hands and possibly a mirror to help you get that cable into the holder. Then pray you don't break the barrel clamp that holds the cable in place.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Your lady always wear white when she's working on your car?

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1988 FrankenThirty 325is, 1999 M Coupe, 1999 Z3, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Yes sir.

Here "the lady in white" is making my console

Centerconsoleruth12.jpg

consoleinstall8.jpg

Helping me drop the suspension/motor

rutha.jpg

She was the driver when we pushed it into the shed right after it came back from paint

Aug524.jpg

I was the brake man

Aug522.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Unbolt the arm on the heater valve that the heater control cable fastens to, AFTER noting carefully which way the arm is positioned so you'll get it back correctly.

Then you'll be able to actually see the little hole in the pinch bolt that the control cable goes through, and be able to tighten it.

Finally reinstall the arm, now fastened to the cable, onto the heater control valve.

Hope that works for you--it has for me many times.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Wouldnt our lives be easier if that cover plate (over the heater box) was hinged-allowing easy access ?

W,ordering if there's a (good looking) way to do that. The cover doesn't add any structural support, right? So not a big deal to cut it and weld a piano hinge?

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

..."the cover doesn't add any structural support

right? So not a big deal to cut it

and weld a piano hinge? "

yikes! i'll make believe i didn't hear that!

must be the heat.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Bill-

Does she have a sister? I could use help like that on my project cars...you're a lucky man!

72 Tii 2761525 Fjord- sunroof

73 Tii 2762870 Malaga- sunroof

73 Tii 2763356 Atlantic- sunroof

73 Tii 2763815 Fjord- sunroof

Wouldnt our lives be easier if that cover plate (over the heater box) was hinged-allowing easy access ?

W,ordering if there's a (good looking) way to do that. The cover doesn't add any structural support, right? So not a big deal to cut it and weld a piano hinge?

As far as know, it supports the Hood bar and the driver side washer nozzle (on Tourings). I don't see it as a structural member.

On an E24 (maybe other later BMWs?), it doesn't support the Hood Bar, and it is removable.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

..."the cover doesn't add any structural support

right? So not a big deal to cut it

and weld a piano hinge? "

yikes! i'll make believe i didn't hear that!

must be the heat.

Really?! Even if it did, you could drop a strut brace and that'd take care of the issue, right?

Obviuosly I'm not an engineer. I merely play one on TV

- Thomas Jefferson