• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Siennabraun ugly or a cool 70s color?

wyobmw

I have a 74tii that I am restoring. Original color is Siennabraun. Every time I think of changing the color I get a glimpse of the original shade of Siennabraun on the car and can't help thinking it might look really cool repainted in the original color. I have searched the forum and found very few pics of the color. What is your opinion? Have you seen it in person? Does it look good? Does anyone have any quality pictures of the color?

• Like 1

Siennabraun ?

momma said to "say nothing if

you can't say something nice"

althought it was the color of the 1975 brochure car

BMW.1975.2002.cover.jpg

my time in ziennabraun

Grego2chacane1.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Guest Anonymous

To each his own, however I think Siennabraun is a great color on an o2 especially when freshly done (clear coat and all....). That color with the tan interior I think is a really great combo. Personally, in my top 5 colors....

www.alpinabmw2002.com

I'd paint the car Seinnabraun if that was the original color. Brown is back in style for new cars, I'm pretty sure it's a color choice from BMW now.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Guest Anonymous

Porsche calls it "Macadamia" I believe, not sure what BMW is calling but saw a newish M5 in the same color recently - great color.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

I am feeling the love! I am glad I am not the only one. Ray I am especially glad to hear you approve. I am a big fan of your work. Could you help me locate some BBS RM wheels like the ones featured the Speedhunter article about your car? I think gold wheels would go really well with the brown car. Your car is the look and stance I am after.

Guest Anonymous

Test drove a 74tii back in the early 80's (1985?) that was on the "lot" at Peter Pan BMW in Marin, unusal to see o2's on any dealer lots even then. It was a Siennabraun car, tan interior, had the 6x13" BBS Mahle wheels on it with 185/70-13 tires. Had bilsteins and some sort of lowering springs - looked great, and was fast. Funny, the salesman let me take it out for a spin but warned me it was quick and their were cops around with radar....Eventhough not so popular today, that 13" wheel with the 70 series tire looked just right on the car.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mahle-BBS-Felgen-BMW-02-2002-E21-6-x-13-sehen-klasse-aus-/251103387629?pt=Auto_Felgen&hash=item3a76ed9fed

www.alpinabmw2002.com

i originally hated this color, but when i was looking for a 2002 it was the only one that i could find at the time.

now that i am almost done with my resto and getting ready to re-paint the car, i am definitely going to do the respray in this correct color for two reasons:

1. its easier because everything will match, and

2. that color is starting to come back like others have said above- a lot of Audi and BMWs are coming in brown now. also, it has that hip correct 70s flavor to it.

if i had the choice, i would have gotten a white car. but i have learned to love it.

12 BMW 135i + 76 BMW 2002

Porsche calls it "Macadamia" I believe, not sure what BMW is calling but saw a newish M5 in the same color recently - great color.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

it's called "marrakesh-braun" - it's an awesome color with the "leder oyster nevada (very light vanilla tone)"-interior. It looks best on the X1 with the silver accents, but also a great color on other cars.

Since the OP asked for photos- here are some recent pics of mine which is about to be prepped for serious body work and a full re-spray. Mind you that this car consists of at least 5 colors right now:

1. Original factory Siennabraun

2. Rust

3. Failed repaint in OEM Siennabraun by PO

4. Failed clearcoat from the repaint described above, and

5. Flat brown Rustoleum primer that was just put on in spots to protect the vulnerable areas as they get treated for repair.

Ive got all my patch panels and a great condition spare drivers door ready to be put on, welded, and painted up.

33nfam9.jpg

2u4u9o5.jpg

wioegz.jpg

In this last pic, on the extreme left, you can see the original Siennabraun. It looks very faded worn out though, so the best representation is the right-hand side which is the repainted section with clearcoat that is still in OK condition:

30ka7h3.jpg

12 BMW 135i + 76 BMW 2002