• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear window louvers / shades / blinds

roc02

every once in a while i come across a 2002 with rear louvers setup on it. there are some in this

and some in this thread/post i have found some that were made by this guy but they arent the shads that sit on the outside of the car. i was wondering if anyone knows if these were/are a very rare item i just have to keep a vigilant eye out on ebay and the likes? or does anyone have some that i could buy? here is an image for the non clicking crew:

164775_118253944909555_100001748501568_116098_2095872_n.jpg

I think I still have some older Roundels advertising the inside adjustable window blinds. Will look...

Edit.

I found a review and advertisement of the Beaconwood Motors adjustable louvers for the back window. Will post tonight.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I have one. I have only seen two or three on ebay germany, one I bought. Plus the one on the car in your post. Here is mine adorning my car.(note car not finished)

DSCN1950.jpg

I got lucky and the seller packed it in a bicycle box and it arrived in one piece.

Mine is stamped "auto-plas".

I am guessing it is these folks mentioned on this Brittish website.

http://www.bermick.co.uk/autoplas-roofboxes-uk/

http://www.auto-plas.co.uk/ (company website)

Russ

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.

Sadly Beaconwood Motors is long gone. I think they closed in 1997. I used to spend a fair amount of time and $$$ there back in the late 1980s when I lived in Watertown, MA.

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

• 3 years later...

Roc02

Can you take pictures of the mounting brackets that are with the new set.

My son has a rear window louver set but has been struggling with figuring out how to mount then on the window since they did not come with the brackets

Jeff