• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insurance Question

I had hoped to get my 02 and two E30s covered by Hagerty. Turns out that the cars have to be garaged. So, I have the 02 covered (at a several hundred $ yearly savings from Allstate), but they would not cover my 2 E30 car because they were not garaged (despite being in a safe place and with car covers).

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

I had hoped to get my 02 and two E30s covered by Hagerty. Turns out that the cars have to be garaged. So, I have the 02 covered (at a several hundred $ yearly savings from Allstate), but they would not cover my 2 E30 car because they were not garaged (despite being in a safe place and with car covers).

Do you take your e30's to the track at all? I'm planning on doing the NASA at Thunderhill next month in a e30.

I use American Collectors. 89 dollars a year, no BS. All I had to do was state that the car was garaged and send them two photos of the car. And that's it. My friend restores American cars and has about 6 autos on a policy with them. Works for me!!

+1 These guys are great.

Whoops, I forgot one small detail about American Collectors- you have to show that you have another car for a daily. I just had to put down that I own an Audi A3 and put my main insurance policy number on the application for American. They didn't ask for photos of the Audi or proof of my garage (which i do have) or anything else, it was pretty straightforward.

12 BMW 135i + 76 BMW 2002

Whoops, I forgot one small detail about American Collectors- you have to show that you have another car for a daily. I just had to put down that I own an Audi A3 and put my main insurance policy number on the application for American. They didn't ask for photos of the Audi or proof of my garage (which i do have) or anything else, it was pretty straightforward.

I too have American Collectors for my Touring.

However, having filled in the paperwork stating the car was garaged, I included 2 photos, and they refused. I had sent photos of the car under a carport, and they iterated it must be in a garage.

So I sent two photos of the Touring in the garage.....you could just make out the car in the darkness! They agreed to insure the car.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17