• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI-Not Mine- 1972 BMW 2002TII -Fallriver, Ma

Sahara73

Pictures can be deceiving:

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/3144174460.html

Went to check this out yesterday and unfortunately the owner let it sit out in the elements for at least 1 year. Would have been nice to know in advance since this is going to be a parts car in another year if nothing changes.

Paint was peeling and or faded on every panel except driver door(not facing direct sun). Rust was evident under all sections where paint had peeled. Underneath had rust in all the expected locations. Fuel gauge and directionals not working. Wheel well and rear shock towers were clean. Couldn't see VIN on engine due to years of grime and tii configuration blocking direct view.

Despite all this we still went for test drive (after making 2 hr drive) and to my shock the engine was really strong and got us up to speed with gusto. A lot of smoke on startup(sitting for weeks on end) and some smoke at idle after warm. Left front break line needs replacement.

All in all too much of a project for me especially at or near asking price which he is standing firm on. This will require stripping down to bare metal to get rid of rust and who knows what else one will encounter.

Contact me offline if you have any additional questions.

Jeff