• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DO NOT BUY FROM 2002Monster

M20Curtis

Hey all, after over 12 years in the 2002 community between here and Roadfly, I have finally been bitten by a member. I am not one to bash or start a mess but I put lots of trust in 2002 people and send things sometimes before they even pay because this big '02 family has helped me in leaps and bounds and span the country.

2002Monster, Michael Schaak, sold me a "running distributor" which just happened to be polished up pretty when it got to my house, only the fact that it was missing springs and clips that hold it all together and make it advance in the distributor body itself. 3 emails later and 5 days and still no response. He was sure quick to write back when I was sending money or interested. Now nothing. $100 down the drain but I will surely remember to refer you NOTHING unless you want to feel free to clear this up...

I don't know the guy but would typically use the telephone if there are issues - email is a highly unreliable way of communicating.

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

I would definitely try a phone if I had a number and I figured numerous emails would get to him since it was pretty instant on his response from his phone as we were doing the purchase. I'm more than willing to work with him but no response give me no such chance.

I have a vacuum advance dizzy from a '76 which had been running a pertronix 1847v unit. No points,condenser, rotor or cap included, you can have if interested. Can get you the full dizzy number by morning if interested. E-mail me

Daron

Thank yo Daron but I actually did exactly that for a running vacuum dizzy locally and that now has new point, plugs, condenser, cap, and rotor so she fires up. Won't rev yet but I think that is the carb giving me issues now. Thank you for the genuine 2002FAQ offer sir!

Me too

I purchased a NEW slave cylinder and when I got it, it looked used, the boot was split and when I opened it up it was rusty. I ended up throwing it away.

He would not take it back. Having a kid does not make one a saint.

Henry

That's weird. Mike's a good guy and was once a power seller before he married and started a family, new job, etc.

he may have a been a power seller but he RF'd me in an ebay auction and i gave him a negative.

HE is the person who shattered my "2002 brotherhood" myth. when i related my transaction to tkent02 he told me "any asshole can buy a 2002".

robert w.

Sorry for your distributor woes..

I'm going to give Mike the benefit of the doubt. I met him at V@V 2009. At the time, he needed to sell some parts to ensure he had enough $ to make it back home to MI from NC. I just purchased a sunroof handle from him. It was exactly as pictured and as he described it in our e-mail exchange.

As his FS thread indicated - he has been away from home.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

life, i have to deal with this shit...

First off.... Just read your emails..... Sorry I didn't get back to you this instant you emailed....

I've been in Germany.... You know that country where your fucking car was built?...yeah that one. Sorry I don't have the luxury of living in Orlando and being at home every night after cleaning the shitty baby diapers out of "It's a small world afterall" ride at Disney world. You're so fucking fortunate...

I'd like to apologize that you got the wrong 008 dizzy....you know in the past 13 years I've parted out 86 cars and still have too many parts lying around my garage.... I suppose I should have wrapped it up in a pretty fucking pink bow with your name on it, so when I had to rush out the door and leave my wife, 2 year old son and 4 month old daughter at home so I could play engineer on the other side of the world, you get the right dizzy. My wife picked up the wrong one and mailed it whilst I was gone.

So now I get home.... And wow.... Just wow... 3 whole emails later... 3.... That's a lot of typing..... Do you want some ice..? Your head must hurt from all of that sentence structure. So you sent me 3 emails and then you proceed to slander me and my reputation on the FAQ, not to mention bring out every other fuckstick who thinks they got slighted by recent (and some not so recent....Robert w... Roadfly? Really? Tkent02? Didn't that guy pass away 10 years ago).... Besides I have not been selling on eBay in over 4 years......

Henrynbmw..... You're a fucking lunatic!!!! The slave cylinder was NOS.... Go back and read the thread.... I posted pics of the slave and EVERYBODY agreed that it was NOS. NOS does not mean hermetically sealed in a plastic box for your protection..... You're confusing it with you tampons, which it sounds like youre running low on.... Get to store straight away...and don't forget the Kleenex for all the crying you seem to still be doing..... Oh boohoo I got burned cause I'm too fucking stupid to get on Wikipedia and lookup NOS.... Oh whooisme.... Boohoo.

Getting back to Heir Engel..... Since you have already tarnished this whole experience and allowed your ego to air it's dirty laundry to over 300 fellow FAQers... So far....here is what I'm gonna do.... I have the the 008 dizzy that you were supposed to get, but I'm not going to send it..... I'm going to keep it, and I'm going to give it a deserving young FAQer and tell them that it's compliments to Heir Engel from Mickeymouseville, USA.

You've really fucking pissed me off!!!! And I really don't care what you or anybody else on this forum thinks. This forum used to be fun and an enlightening place to get information and learn new things, but it's people like you that has to turn it into their own little reality TV show and fuck it up for everyone else..... Fortunately this forum's dark corners didn't start with you,... They've been here for some time now and I think that's why I choose to get out of 2002s....just another thing in life where all of the fun has been taken out of...Life is too fucking short......

Let me know how your foot tastes.

I'm Michael Schaak and I approved this message.

BTW... Thanks to Jason and Jim for sticking up for what's right....

02Monster has helped me out numerous times in the past, the beautiful front bumper on my 68 is from his stash a few years ago. No problems here.

Stuff happens. I recently scored a beautiful set of 14" BBS RA wheels on local CL and took the word of the seller that they were from his old E30. Once I got them home and test fit them on my 02 I discovered they were 4x108. Seller refuses to even answer his phone/email and I got stuck with a set of wheels for an Audi that I can't use.

Life's too short to panic over $100 folks. Mike, your post was a good laugh but I really think you need to send him the right distributor or refund the money.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--