• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have access to Euro "wrecking yards?""

John_in_VA

Obligatory 2002 content - I love my tii, but it is no longer my daily driver. That chore is relegated to the E28s or most recent acquisition, a 2003 E39 530i sedan.

We never get the cool stuff over here, so I thought someone in Europe might have seen one of these in their trips to the yard.

I'm looking for a black manual roller sun shade for the rear windshield of the E39 sedan. It attaches to the rear deck panel and is held up by black clips at the upper-rear aspect of the C-pillars. I haven't seen one in person, just the electric ones. I'm too stupid & lazy to deal with the wiring and parts-changing required for the electrische unit! Thanks in advance!

E39rearblind1.jpg

E39rearblind2.jpg

E39rearblind3.jpg

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I bought mine in 2006 from the dealer, not sure if it is still available. You may want to see if 528 (1996-2000) version is available from the dealer because it looks like the same part, and should fit 100% to a 530.

Al - do you have the part number from your purchase? Realoem has:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DT51&mospid=47546&btnr=51_4682&hg=51&fg=95.

Same part for 525i - M5. I know their diagrams can be generic, so it's hard to tell what it is and what's included. Tischer lists a price for it vs. "discontinued," so it might still be available.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

John;

p/n comes as 82249407925 from realoem (as a 528i part), looks like the same part. I don't know the exact # because I don't have the car anymore, but I bet you can find it new if you dig around, check with Blunt, he may know. Or contact your guy at the local dealer. It is probably sitting in a warehouse in US or Germany.