• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 tii in Sacramento. PROJECT.

01330i

Before reading this ad please note that the car does not come with wheels and is currently on stands with the complete frame and driveline off. all parts are accounted for minus front seats, turn signals, and wheels.

1972 2002tii numbers matching, clean title, imported

I am going away to Sonoma for college and will not be able to take my tii with me. I am sad that I was unable to finish the project but it is a great car and I would like to see it go to someone with more time than me. I have a great deal of time and money invested thus far, and just want close to what I have into it. I have a ton of information on this car, even more than I will list on here so feel free to email me with questions, but it is better if you come take a look at the car in person. If you are not prepared for a large project then this is not the car for you.

When I purchased the car it looked like this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It has some front body damage around the passenger headlight and grill, as well as rust on the drivers side rocker panel. The car ran when I picked it up. The gas gauge, clock, speedo, and rev counter were all non-functional. The shifter was a little bit sloppy but it did not slip or grind any gears. I will go over each area of the car now in detail as most parts are off of car.

Body: Paint was originally golf yellow when first sold in Germany, car was later in France(currently has french license plate) then imported into the U.S. paint is now white and in poor condition, with some body damage as stated above. Overall body is straight with fiberglass zender flares and rear spoiler.

Engine: Ran well when pulled. I disassembled, degreased, and painted all accessories in high temp paint. Was planning on head and valve work. Kugelfischer pump is working.

Suspension, frame, and brakes: Have had most of the frame sandblasted and painted with por-15. Purchased about $1000 worth of brake and suspension equipment from ireland and blunt with receipts.

Interior: dash is cracked and is mostly gutted. rear seat in good condition, door panels in fair condition, and has near new black headliner.

Tranny, driveline: Has 5 speed getrag transmission that needs new rear seals, lsd, shortened drive shaft, new cv boots, rebuilt steering box, new steering linkage.

Basically the car is currently stripped on jack stands. I would say the project is only 25% complete.

This is the background info I received from bmw group

Dear Mr Messineo,

Thank you for your email.

The BMW 2002 tii VIN 2708736 was manufactured on February 23rd, 1972 and delivered on March 1st, 1972 to the German BMW dealer Glöckler in Frankfurt / Main. The original colour was Golf, paint code 070.

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

Christina Hartung

------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAY GmbH

Christina Hartung

Leopoldstraße 244

80807 München

Url.: http://www.way-services.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAY GmbH

Geschäftsführer Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Peter Schmidt

HRA 164739 Muenchen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erreichbarkeit bei der BMW Group Classic

Tel.: +49 (0) 89-382-68281

mailto: info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.de

please email mvmessineo at gmail dot com if you have any questions on the car or to make me an offer. asking $5,000 obo. I know this car is worth a lot restored. I also can take any pictures upon request as well as show the cars in person most days. located in Sacramento, CA.

Thank you,

Max

• 2 weeks later...