• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Magazines?

Xlr8tin

I need another good magazine, and got me wondering if there were any for the 2002? I was looking into Performance BMW, but they want $100 so I'd rather not.

If there isn't there needs to be. I think there's enough of us around here to make one;-)

There's nothing in print specific to the 02 or really even anything geared toward vintage BMWs. And I wouldn't expect to find one ever since the print publication industry is sort of the punch line to "hey, it could be worse" jokes.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Yea, but I'm looking more for what other 2002 owners are doing to their cars to fix or customize. I'm isolated out here and I'm doing this on my own. The cloest people around are in Eugene 2 hrs away...my little 02 can't make that drive right now.

So I was hoping for a magazine like European Cars where they feature readers custom rides.

So someone with the funds needs to get this going....

Nothing gets a green light these days without the notion of a guaranteed money maker, and many flop even after that. The cost of production, people, content and dwindling advert space has pretty much put the kabosh on upstarts, unless they are pure online.

Do you think MotorTrend or Automobile make any money on your $10 annual subscription? This barely covers postage. Without circulation you can't charge advert fees. Without the subsidy of advert fees, you have no budget. So they basically give the magazine to subscribers and also hope the $5 each at the newstand blows your mind so much that you subscribe which is the only thing that pleases the advertisers, that and the promise of "readership."

Bottom line, if you find a magazine you like, buy stuff from the advertisers and tell them you saw the ad in that specific magazine. I used to enjoy a vintage VW magazine in the 90's -- it was great, nice content, all vintage stuff---turns out, not enough people felt the same way as me and it was dropped quickly.

--> 1968 2002 <--

Nothing gets a green light these days without the notion of a guaranteed money maker, and many flop even after that. The cost of production, people, content and dwindling advert space has pretty much put the kabosh on upstarts, unless they are pure online.

Do you think MotorTrend or Automobile make any money on your $10 annual subscription? This barely covers postage. Without circulation you can't charge advert fees. Without the subsidy of advert fees, you have no budget. So they basically give the magazine to subscribers and also hope the $5 each at the newstand blows your mind so much that you subscribe which is the only thing that pleases the advertisers, that and the promise of "readership."

Bottom line, if you find a magazine you like, buy stuff from the advertisers and tell them you saw the ad in that specific magazine. I used to enjoy a vintage VW magazine in the 90's -- it was great, nice content, all vintage stuff---turns out, not enough people felt the same way as me and it was dropped quickly.

Well, the one I want is $100 for 12 issues, so these guys must have a different set up...Plus I think you get what you pay for. Those $10 subscriptions are for mags that give us the same boring reading material...unless you like constantly reading about the turbocharged veloster. I don't however