• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neighborhood vehicle spotting

jgerock

Didn't get much accomplished this weekend due to work related activities.

Yesterday evening, saw a black Porsche Cayman "R" driving up Duke Street. Sounded mean. During a drive in the tii, I stopped to check out a Baby Blue '71 VW Super Beetle (mild custom) for sale.

Today, while taking a break from working, walked thru our neighborhood and saw:

Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 with Dinan package (MD tags). Nice wheels and aftermarket exhaust system. Parked in visitor spot near Oscar B's house.

Green Z3 3.0i with BBS wheels (parked in Visitor spot).

Woman (early 50's I guess) washing one of her TWO Porsches. Blue 911 Carrera S Cabriolet (2009 or 2010). NEW Burgundy Cayman S in garage. Both have PDK transmissions. She is PCA member and seemed to know her stuff. Porsche posters and banners hanging in garage. Tried talking to her but conversation always shifted back to "her" and her cars with complaints about cleaning wheels. Husband drives bright Red Volvo R wagon (under cover in driveway).

Final lap I noticed a faded green Mid 60's Beetle with roof rack driving down Franconia Road (our main street).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

... I stopped to check out a Baby Blue '71 VW Super Beetle (mild custom) for sale...

Still got some of that stuff in your system, eh?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

... I stopped to check out a Baby Blue '71 VW Super Beetle (mild custom) for sale...

Still got some of that stuff in your system, eh?

Couldn't help but notice it Steve. 8-spoke wheels, Dual (Kadron) carbs, ceramic coated exhaust, custom interior with extra VDO gauges - I pointed out to his friend that he needed some hose clamps on the fuel lines and to re-route the main line off the rear breast/pulley plate. Guy is asking the same as I started out asking for my car: $ 10,500.00. Floor pans have been patched and show some fresh seam sealer.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"