• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 2002 YAY OR NAY

andeww

Have you been to see it in person? I find the lack of an engine pic suspect. Also there's a block holding the rear wheel in the pic, so no brakes? doesn't stay in gear? no parking brake?

Maybe it's just my taste, but why put that interior in? especially if you're going to leave the door cards etc alone?

That top is a cool idea, and probably done because of a leaky sunroof, but unless that was done pro, it's going to be leaky and crappy.

There's no shift boot and no shift knob and no horn button.

Missing lots of trim...

The buy it now is way high IMHO.

So depending what you can buy it for and what you want from it...

76 2002 Fjord Sunroof AC

90 VW Vanagon (Ford repowered)

and my daily commuter: a Bicycle!

You can find LOTS of 02s for 3k...all better than that. Youd have to do LOTS of interior work, as well as get some early bumpers which can be pricey...It just seems like it was thrown together with whatever parts they could find. I'd be suspect because if they did the interior that way....how did they do the mechanicals...

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Guest Anonymous
what are your thoughts on this car and what should i look for besides rust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221083179841&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

if i stuck oem bumpers and wheels on there, will it still be a POS?

thanks

I have a weakness for black 02s so probably not the best person to ask. Definitely go look at it before buying it tho. At minimum get pics of all the usual trouble spots, then go look at it. :) That interior is better than one that is totally ratty, but the price should reflect something between totally ratty and a "correct" 02 interior. Good luck with it. :)

what are your thoughts on this car and what should i look for besides rust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221083179841&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

if i stuck oem bumpers and wheels on there, will it still be a POS?

thanks

I have a weakness for black 02s so probably not the best person to ask. Definitely go look at it before buying it tho. At minimum get pics of all the usual trouble spots, then go look at it. :) That interior is better than one that is totally ratty, but the price should reflect something between totally ratty and a "correct" 02 interior. Good luck with it. :)

also dont forget to bring a magnet to check for bondo...