• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 2002tii - Korman Restoration - 5 speed - $11.9k Virginia

Guest Anonymous

Lovely car

I'm interested but can't figure out how a properly done bare metal restoration would have rust, cracking, screws thru the door panels instead of some $1 "christmas trees"

I assume the headliner was replaces or at least cleaned off during the Norman resto, but the discoloration in your pics suggests something wrong like rusting on the roof braces.

I' m not picking nits as you're not ask +$20k. But this visible issues seem out of place on a restored car.

Guest Anonymous

And, why would it need a repaint after only 15kiles? Modern urethanes should last at least twenty years on a daily driver, much less a pampered classic car.

When I first saw your ad I was ready to grab a cashiers check and hook up the

Trailer. The issue in the way is understanding if there are

Hidden body issues which are causing rust to reappear and justified a repaint in an inordinately short time/distance.

Old dude

No worries on the inquiries, don't think you're nit picking...

The restoration was done in the year 1999/2000. The previous owner rode on that paint job for a decade before respraying it. The second paint job just wasn't that good of a job, so the paint has a couple of splits. It's not awful, it's just not perfect- and I don't want to paint the picture that it's a show quality car.

The headliner, dash, and doorpanels were not replaced. They are original and 38 years old.

The pictures show different than in real life on the headliner shots b/c I adjusted the lighting b/c they were dim with the camera on the floor pointed up - and it made the contrast more dramatic. The only rust on the car is in the picture of the wheel well.

I would love to have someone serious take a look at the car. I have had a couple of people come see it that were more than pleased with it and have claimed that they were "ready to buy" after driving it... It just seems that when it comes to actually ponying up twelve grand for an antique.... well, everyone has a kitchen that needs to be refinished, or a wife that doesn't want it, etc.

I speak openly and candidly about the condition and offer many pictures of the car. I bought the car already built, so I may not have every answer about specific build questions. I will try to offer as much as I can with the documentation that I have and can also offer the phone number to the shop that has done all of the maintenance since Korman (Sportcar Workshops - Richmond, VA). They know the car very well. I encourage anyone serious about the car to confer with them and you know that you will be getting a completely objective opinion on this 2002.

The documentation is here on a 2002 that has been very well maintained and had an extensive list of work by one of the most reputable builders in the country. It's not a show winner, and I haven't priced it as such. I think it's really fair at $12k, and I'm open to offers.

Thanks for the interest :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...