• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much have you found in your 2002

al2000ti

I just removed the rear seat base from my '67 1600-2 and found a whole 7 cents, the 2 cent piece was from 1966, the year Australia changed over to decimal currency.

So how much have you found in your new old car? Hey or anything else of value.

Al from Oz

What exactly was the best thing before sliced bread?

I just removed the rear seat base from my '67 1600-2 and found a whole 7 cents, the 2 cent piece was from 1966, the year Australia changed over to decimal currency.

Al from Oz

two bricks of powder...

car was from miami..

I pulled up the front pass side carpet when i put new seats in..i found $18 in quarters..They must have done the toll roads alot in my 69 2002..BTW: I owned my car for over six years before I found all that change...I had a friend get arrested due to the joint found in the rear ashtray the cops found..He had the car a week and was pulled over for a tail light out..

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

Al from Oz

Upon removing the glove box on the first clean after i purchased ginger, i found:

the california registration card from 1972 (must have been the first one the owner received after importing thd car from Germany). this helps me prove im the second owner.

A bunch of grocery store "bucks" circa 1984.

some Knotts Berry Farm membership passes from the 80's .

also got some road flares that look to be circa 1960's.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

the back seat (along with some petrified French fries). Eighteen years later I happened to be reading an Air Force publication that had an article about an AF officer up at Hanscom AFB, MA...I called and confirmed he was the original owner from whom I bought the car here in Beavercreek.

He was floored that I still had the car (still regretted selling it) and even more surprised when I asked if his wife had ever lost a gold charm. She had--it was a gift for being a friend's bridesmaid. I asked if she'd like it back, and he said "do you still have it?" I answered in the affirmative--I rarely throw 14k gold away--and mailed it back to him. Sometimes the Air Force is a small world.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Bought a rusty 1968 Olds for $200 about 15 years ago. Found $320 under the rear seat a couple months later. Sold the Olds for $400.

Best return I've ever had on a classic auto . . . .

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

So far I've pulled the following from the '69:

Fruit Stripe gum wrappers

Spare change

Loose screws under dash

Motorola Cell phone (Cingular service - holds a charge!)

Night club advertisements in door

Gift shop receipt from 1973

Non-2002 lug wrench

Non-2002/BMW extra wheel

Plastic cup

Flat-blade screwdriver (used to turn the ignition switch)

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"