• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To anyone with BEHR air conditioning

shelby4130

IF you have Behr AC, AND you have a CD player in the location where the original radio was, WHAT model of radio are you using? I've seen other posts similar but haven't found much, yet.

I have three single din CD players lying around from various brands and all of them stick out about a half an inch past flush. It seems like I have just a hair over 6" to work with, and a compact disc is 4.7"!

Any suggestions?

-Michael

I have a Behr A/C system/console and have used a Pioneer DEH-2400F CD Player with AM/FM radio for about the past 10 yrs. Hence, they are probably NLA. The dimensions listed in the Operations Manual are 7" x 2" x 6 1/8". With this depth it does not protrude out the front at all, but my recollection is that it was a bit of a tight squeeze when we installed it.

Don't know that this is much help, but it does give you a depth parameter to look for.

Bob Napier

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,375670/sid,8075896bea9116754a29ca92d06813d6/

I installed this Alpine with CD. This replaced a JVC with CD. In either case no problem.

I had also read another thread earlier of someone complaining of not enough space between gear shift and console with the Behr Console. The pic shows the gear in 1st gear with lots of space. 5th is the same.

Byas

yeah, when I put my console back together from being trashed by the PO, i did notice that there is hardly any space at all to work with because the pocket tilts downward into a wedge. the PO had some cheesy Jensen old tape deck radio in there before, which i threw out.

im actually not running a radio and currently have a big hole in the console so i am looking for a plain pocket to install instead that is shallow enough to work, just so i have a place to put my sunglasses wallet and phone when i drive. haven't found one yet as most pockets are way too deep.

how about instead of a CD player try to get one that has just the tape deck and then use a tape-to-headphone adaptor cable and run an ipod instead? the tape-only decks are less deep for sure.

good luck!

12 BMW 135i + 76 BMW 2002

Bob, there are actually a couple of your older model on ebay so I may just pull the trigger.

Alpine's website says their deck mentioned here is 6-3/8" which seems like it would be a tight fit but obviously works. And I like it.

I was also thinking about just a "digital media receiver". No CD player, but would allow exterior connections for cell, etc.. I don't have much use for a tape deck...