• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Motors of Washington DC

dtharp113

anyone in the area familiar w/ this shop? Located on Wisconsin Ave, btwn Mazza Gallery and Friendship Heights. i stopped in for a quick look about -- had some pretty neat cars - Corvair, Lancia, Alfa, AmphiCar.

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

I walked around it and I saw some interesting cars. However, they are selling this [iMO] awful-looking 02, so my opinion of them is dropping sharply.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ctd/3214327925.html

1667791_17.jpg

1667791_06.jpg

That being said, they usually have some nice-looking cars out front. Also, there's some good Mexican food to be had just up the block at Macomb and Wisconsin Ave.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

I walked around it and I saw some interesting cars. However, they are selling this [iMO] awful-looking 02, so my opinion of them is dropping sharply.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ctd/3214327925.html

1667791_17.jpg

1667791_06.jpg

That being said, they usually have some nice-looking cars out front. Also, there's some good Mexican food to be had just up the block at Macomb and Wisconsin Ave.

Separated at birth?

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-e21-for-halloween.html

"There is no accounting for taste." Mark Twain.

;)

post-22228-13667663604533_thumb.jpg

post-22228-13667663604776_thumb.jpg

Tom

Connecticut

Home for Feral BMWs

1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting), 1982 323i Baur

1991 325ix (winter), 1977 320i (carbed), 1989 325ix

1989 325iC (summer), 1979 323i (project), 1978 320i (parts)

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

I've stopped in a few times over the years. They're better than some of the buff and fluff classic car dealers, but I would hesitate to shop there. I looked at a tii they had a couple years ago: it was good but very overpriced. Later I saw a a very nice/original 2002 there and recognized it for one that had been sold for half the price in Richmond a few weeks earlier. I nearly bought a perfect, and reasonably priced, MGB GT from them as they were handling the sale of a well known, local British-car collection. Those cars were all gone within a few days and were good buys for someone.

Dealers have to disclose the VIN, and it's always worth typing it into your favorite search engine.

So, it depends. Caveat emptor.

They sold Scooterboy's tii "tribute" car last year - formerly known as Emily of Wegweiser fame and heritage. I posted about that transaction a while back. I went in and posed as a buyer. They represented that it was a "real tii." Ha! Little did they know, I am Scooterboy's Daddy!

Who's your Daddy?!?! HAHAHAHAHA

Seems like that tangerine dream car was sold on ebay a year or 2 ago in CO or UT. Out yonder, anyway.

Yep!

Aug '10 on Ebay in UT.

Jan-Mar '11 on Ebay in CO.

Mileage is always quoted at 44k.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I think I saw the one they bought from Richmond - beautiful late model '02, but they were asking 12k, which was a bit high. They have neat cars every now and then, and the owner has a really nice 3.0 csi that's "for sale" but he's never actually going to sell it.

1976 2002 - "Augie"
1976 2002 - Under construction
1991 318i - "Ed"

1995 525it

Wow, that brings back some memories. My first job in college was there as a salesman...back when it was Chevy Chase Buick-Hyundai. Talk about an awkward mix of customers! (This was in the late 90's early 2000's before Hyundai's resurgence). I had heard that they sold the lot after the Buick sales took a dive. Interesting use of the property. We always got a bunch of "lookers" coming off the Metro every evening, but it was hardly a real high-traffic spot. Glad to see they at least have some cool cars there though!

"Sabine" 1976 Polaris / Navy - 12+ year Inop Ebay Find. Now with Microsquirt and Cold A/C.