• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auto Interior and Upholstery – Carpet

Miked2002

Has anyone here bought carpet from Auto Interior and Upholstery (http://www.auto-interior.com/)? I’m trying to find Salt and Pepper carpet for my 73 and their Black/Fawn looks about as close and I can get. It seems like no one has it any longer.

What is their quality like? Customer service?

If you have photos, especially of the pedal area I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

post-17123-13667663689078_thumb.jpg

Mike

73 tii #2764014

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have photos of recent Esty kits? I have one of her early ones and have never been super happy with how it fits. Curious to see how the newer patterns lay down, where the edge trim is, etc..

+1: Photos would be great. Especially Salt and Pepper. Also photos of carpet mats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all!!

Mike

73 tii #2764014

Esty: do all your carpet kits cover the driveshaft/transmission tunnel up to the firewall, or was this a special job you did for someone who didn't want to run a center console?

Looks great!

the pic i believe you're referring to above is the same carpet/car, just before the console & seats were reinstalled in the car....that set's nothing special, all center sections are made like that one...

Esty: do all your carpet kits cover the driveshaft/transmission tunnel up to the firewall, or was this a special job you did for someone who didn't want to run a center console?

Looks great!

the pic i believe you're referring to above is the same carpet/car, just before the console & seats were reinstalled in the car....that set's nothing special, all center sections are made like that one...

Cool. Thanks! One of these days I'll get past the mechanical issues and get down to the nice things, like carpet and a headliner.

That must be a new pattern as it is very different from the one I received. And it looks to include more pieces. I had to make multiple relief cuts in the transmission tunnel piece to get it to fit even remotely flat. No way I could run with no console.

I've just ordered #20 from Esty and should have it when I get back from deployment. While I don't know if I'll be able to match mlytle's carpet install post: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,336845/highlight,carpet/, I should at least be able to give you an idea of what it looks like in my Polaris '76.

Cheers!

-Lloyd

"Sabine" 1976 Polaris / Navy - 12+ year Inop Ebay Find. Now with Microsquirt and Cold A/C.