• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auto Interior and Upholstery – Carpet

Miked2002

Esty, which color (or number on your site) is the pictured carpet? I have a chamonix with navy interior; which is the closest to the original (or were there variations)? I was also thinking of a dark grey or charcoal--suggestions? Thanks.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esty, which color (or number on your site) is the pictured carpet? I have a chamonix with navy interior; which is the closest to the original (or were there variations)? I was also thinking of a dark grey or charcoal--suggestions? Thanks.

number 5 is what i posted above...you can't tell the color from the pics but it was the blue speckled carpet for a chamonix with navy car

10.jpg

4.jpg

if you don't want blue, number 20 is a good option...although personally my 1st choice would be number 5, with number 19 next...either will brighten the interior more than number 20

20...9.jpg

19...8.jpg

Which kind of carpet is the pictured number 5-the domestic weave, or the wool? Thanks.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

Hi. I'm new to message boards. Do you know how I would contact esty's carpet? I need some trunk boards for a '75 2002. Thanks.

Click on the link at the very bottom of her post.

This one:

2oo2 carpet & stuff

or.....

http://estycarpet.blogspot.com/

There is an email link there also.

Tom

Connecticut

Home for Feral BMWs

1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting), 1982 323i Baur

1991 325ix (winter), 1977 320i (carbed), 1989 325ix

1989 325iC (summer), 1979 323i (project), 1978 320i (parts)

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

Guest Anonymous

best deal going is Chris at www.only02.com

installs much simpler and better fit then the "other" PR you see on this site

Which kind of carpet is the pictured number 5-the domestic weave, or the wool? Thanks.

5 is a domestic loop...here's a pic of the wool i can get

wool+colors.JPG

============================================

Esty,

Is the square weave pattern available in a material other than wool? I like the "look" of the the German square weave - but would rather have a synthetic I think.

algon

• 7 months later...

Hi there

I just finished installing a kit from Esty.  I think the resuIts are AWESOME.  I feel it went in very easy.  I had to make a few relief cuts at the front of the tunnel piece near the firewall and installed that piece by slowly rolling it back over and rubbing into every contour.  A good quality spray glue is required (Wurth or 3M).  I also ordered a matching piece for the parcel shelf.  I will be using Gipson's kick panels for speakers and cover them with pieces from Esty.  Have a look?

P1010288.JPG

P1010291.JPG
P1010293.JPG

Regards

Bill

Edited by Bill Patterson

'73 Bavaria, '80 Land Rover Series 2a, '71 2002, '69 2002, '74 3.0s

Hi there

I just finished installing a kit from Esty.  I think the resuIts are AWESOME.  I feel it went in very easy.  I had to make a few relief cuts at the front of the tunnel piece near the firewall and installed that piece by slowly rolling it back over and rubbing into every contour. 

looks great Bill

all sets i make will require a relief cut at the firewall in the center of the tunnel section...i used to make the cuts but so many guys wanted the set without it so they could, if they wanted, remove their consoles

it's next to impossible to lay the tunnel section down without a few cuts....and it should be expected that you'll have to do some minor trimming and fitting to your car

Hi there

I just finished installing a kit from Esty.  I think the resuIts are AWESOME.  I feel it went in very easy.  I had to make a few relief cuts at the front of the tunnel piece near the firewall and installed that piece by slowly rolling it back over and rubbing into every contour.  A good quality spray glue is required (Wurth or 3M).  I also ordered a matching piece for the parcel shelf.  I will be using Gipson's kick panels for speakers and cover them with pieces from Esty.  Have a look?

P1010288.JPG

P1010291.JPG

P1010293.JPG

Regards

Bill

Looks very nice....is that FatMat on the side in the second pic?

Edited by autobon7

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)