• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: BMW 2002, Roundie in Sahara Beige (SOCAL)

E30owner

Well it may be a long shot but here goes nothing...

Looking for a relatively restored (daily driver use) roundie if possible in Sahara Beige in the southern/central CA area.

After years of riding around in my e30 my wife has crossed over to the dark side and wants a car with a more classic look. She recently totalled her Mk5 Jetta (shes ok and it wasnt her fault) and wants to drive something a little more fun.

Since insurance is coving the bill I prefer to find something that has been mostly restored so she can use it for her DD. Looking to spend less than $7500. We have the funds ready to go, so if the right one pops up we can grab it. Located in the Irvine, CA area.

Thanks in advance.

Not mine, no affiliation, etc...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/3227445592.html

It needs some TLC but looks unmolested. Make an offer and it may be yours.

For a daily driver, I would also look at 74-75 models. Stay away from a 76 model since that year still has to under go smog testing, 75 & prior are smog exempt.

It's refreshing to see someone who wants a Sahara 02. Sahara rocks

G-Man

Who repainted his Sahara tii, Sahara.

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Guest Anonymous

I don't have a good Sahara to recommend. Just wanted to shout out that YES, Sahara does rock! I'll hold onto my '71.

Si from Seattle

The car is in really good condition and there is no rust that i can see. It's been a california car since the day it was bought new. The previous owner did all the ugrades on it. The engine is from a 74 with slightly bigger pistons, and has about 20k since the rebuild. It has a progressive webber 32/36, Tii header. He also installed a 5 speed tranny from a 318i. It has cheesy 15 inch mini cooper wheels, but the tires are good and handle well. It also has a new 320i radiator, fan and alternator. I don't know how to upload pictures so can you PM me your email addy so i can email you some pictures?[/img]

I just went to check out that car yesterday actually hah

It's a pretty good car; I didn't see much, if any, cancer on it. It had some rust patches, but nothing that couldn't be sanded down and resprayed easy; minor surface ruse that shouldn't worry the average 02er much. As far as engine, it's pretty nice; has a little bog on startup, but once the carb heats up its good to go. Felt really solid, but the shifter has some slop and play in it; just needed a few bolts and bushing adjusted, but nothing major. The ride is nice and handles amazing: "GO KART" is what came to mind instantly. Heater/AC doesn't work, but those are some thing that just need to be expected. Interior for the most was pretty good; it's got some old school Recaros from the 90s and they're really grippy and in great shape; one unnoticeable crack on the dasheat, back seat was good, but it would need a better center console and radio. Belts need some TLC, as they don't retract fluidly, but they work other than that (those are a big thing for me haha). Suspension was tight, although I did notice a bit of play in the wheel; very minimal however, and I'm just assuming its the steering box gear lash.

Other than that, what really killed it for me was the damages. It wasn't much, Few dings and dents here and there, but it was there and really hung on because of bad experiences with passed body damage on my other cars. I check the trunk and areas of interest to see if there were any frame tweaks or anything like that; it was all good. Floorboards were even all there too.

Overall though, it was seriously a great 02 for the price. If I had an extra 1k and time/patience/skill for body damage, I would have picked it up; owner had receipts for well over $5k that I NOTICED, had receipts from well in the 90s. Literally fell in love driving it, and even Jason (the owner) kept commenting about the smile on my face.

I just went to check out that car yesterday actually hah

It's a pretty good car; I didn't see much, if any, cancer on it. It had some rust patches, but nothing that couldn't be sanded down and resprayed easy; minor surface ruse that shouldn't worry the average 02er much. As far as engine, it's pretty nice; has a little bog on startup, but once the carb heats up its good to go. Felt really solid, but the shifter has some slop and play in it; just needed a few bolts and bushing adjusted, but nothing major. The ride is nice and handles amazing: "GO KART" is what came to mind instantly. Heater/AC doesn't work, but those are some thing that just need to be expected. Interior for the most was pretty good; it's got some old school Recaros from the 90s and they're really grippy and in great shape; one unnoticeable crack on the dasheat, back seat was good, but it would need a better center console and radio. Belts need some TLC, as they don't retract fluidly, but they work other than that (those are a big thing for me haha). Suspension was tight, although I did notice a bit of play in the wheel; very minimal however, and I'm just assuming its the steering box gear lash.

Other than that, what really killed it for me was the damages. It wasn't much, Few dings and dents here and there, but it was there and really hung on because of bad experiences with passed body damage on my other cars. I check the trunk and areas of interest to see if there were any frame tweaks or anything like that; it was all good. Floorboards were even all there too.

Overall though, it was seriously a great 02 for the price. If I had an extra 1k and time/patience/skill for body damage, I would have picked it up; owner had receipts for well over $5k that I NOTICED, had receipts from well in the 90s. Literally fell in love driving it, and even Jason (the owner) kept commenting about the smile on my face.

Thanks for the very detailed write. Do you have the owners information? I emailed him earlier this week from CL but havnt heard anything back yet. I would love to pick it up and spend a little time and money making it shine.

Thats what happened to me too; It took him a while to get back to me; he works until 6, do expect him to get back by 8 or so. Even so, he insisted on keeping everything over email, so I didn't get a number or any noble contact from him. I can probably let him know I've found some potential buyers (like I let him know I would) and maybe he'll give me a contact I can shoot to you.

I think you'd really like it; it was dynoed (with the documents) and IIRC it was putting down something like 150hp/145tq with a nice torque curve starting at 2.4k or so. Don't remember exactly what he's done, but I know it has a performance carb with a Porsche radiator, and loads and piles of documented engine mods done

I'll get in contact with him again and let him know I know youre interested for you ;)

PS: He asked me what your name was so I could let him know which one your email was

Thats what happened to me too; It took him a while to get back to me; he works until 6, do expect him to get back by 8 or so. Even so, he insisted on keeping everything over email, so I didn't get a number or any noble contact from him. I can probably let him know I've found some potential buyers (like I let him know I would) and maybe he'll give me a contact I can shoot to you.

I think you'd really like it; it was dynoed (with the documents) and IIRC it was putting down something like 150hp/145tq with a nice torque curve starting at 2.4k or so. Don't remember exactly what he's done, but I know it has a performance carb with a Porsche radiator, and loads and piles of documented engine mods done

I'll get in contact with him again and let him know I know youre interested for you ;)

PS: He asked me what your name was so I could let him know which one your email was

Evan