• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aztec Green color for 2002ti? Article with pics added

jgerock

Oops - should have posted this in General Discussion. My apologies.

Edit - scan of article added today - scroll down in this thread.

I picked up the August 2012 issue of BMW Car Magazine the other day and there was a great article of a guy in Greece (Stathis Ventouris) who owns an Aztec Green 2002ti with 140km on it.

The color is lighter than Agave. The owner indicates the original Solex carbs were replaced by Dellorto carbs. The car has long rear bumper ends, knee trim and a 73 style front bumper. An Alpina logo is on the rear panel, the 200 km/hr speedometer has a "cross"and Alpina logo (other gauges also have the cross like 74+ models). Steering wheel is Prototipo with Alpina horn button. Sadly, no pictures were taken of the engine compartment and complete interior (so I could see the dash/clock, etc.)

Article indicates Stathis is the 2nd owner and is completely original except for the Dellorto carbs and some paintwork.

Was this color offered on the 2002's? The car is beautiful!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Interesting.

2002ti was made from Sep '68 thru' Apr '71, and are noted as "pre-71" model, ie short rear bumpers and no knee trim.

However, the "71 model" appeared in Apr '71, so I suppose a long-sided rear bumper 2002ti could be correct, but I doubt it.

The only greens available in '71 were Agave, Taiga met and Tundra met, as Turf and Florida were dropped after '70. This from BMW Colour & Upholstery brochures that I have.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I know this was an odd posting, but am wondering about the color and car, since it appears to be a later model Roundie. Without pictures of the engine bay (fuse box, snorkel) and interior (chrome dash, ti clock) I don't know how this could be classified as a real ti. I can make out the emergency/hazard button next to the ashtray on the console.

Car also has trapezoid mirrors, no cornering lights/reflectors and possibly 13" Enkei wheels.

Badge screwed onto LF quarter panel: Goodwood Road Racing Company.

Regardless of the validity of the car, it is beautiful to me. Will try to scan and post pics here next week.

Jim Gerock

jim, that's not a stock color. perhaps it was repainted "aztec green" from a paint code from another manufacturer from who knows when...quick search yields a 1954 GM/Buick color that looks a bit like a sage green, and an early 90's Honda/Acura color which looks similar to "turkis"...perhaps there are others...the "diana" cars had special paint, as far as i know, but a ti with '73 bumpers in a special color sounds a bit like a mutt???

Hi Jim

Surely you know by now there is a handful of unscrupulous people who will put a ti badge on a twin carb car and call it a ti.

Unless the engine compartment looks like this one, it's just a fake. Maybe a very nice fake, but a fake none the less.

And ti speedos went to 220km.

Can't help you with the colour though.

Cheers

Tony (lucky enough to be the owner of the real McCoy).

post-3926-13667664042844_thumb.jpg

Doggone it, Jim, now I gotta find me a copy of Bimmer.

Tis had the hazard/flasher pull switch located under the dash, in front of the driver's left knee.

I'd doubt this is a real ti, even if it's very nice looking.

vince

Vince - it is in the BMW Car magazine (not BIMMER).

Look for this issue with E46 M3 buyers guide on the cover >>

http://bmwcarmagazine.com/magazines/index.cfm/2012/7/18/Issue-218---August-2012

Jim Gerock

Sorry, nope.

I'm not even on LinkedIn; I consider it a nuisance :-)

Cheers,

Ray

Are you connected to him? I tried contacting him thru Linked in...

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone recognize this color?

Green and red are always tough to identify.

Guess the owner does not frequent the FAQ :-(

BMWColorsPoster.jpg

pics10302010044.jpg

pics10302010043.jpg

pics10302010040.jpg

pics10302010038.jpg

GreenBMW002.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Tundra

pics10302010054.jpg

Boston Green

pics111509004.jpg

write to the magazine and ask for the owner's contact info "as you may be building a ti clone and need to ask him questions regarding originality". tell him you love the color and does he have a picture of the passenger side of the engine bay (with the paint sticker by the VIN plate)? if yes, you will either get VIN with paint sticker, or either one without the other. if no paint sticker but yes on VIN plate, run the VIN thru BMW Classic. there you go, worth a shot, then you will know the real color and true identity of the car and can stop worrying about which non-original shade of green it is now.