• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002tii Euro Pics

saaron

Well, "Eurotrash" (how clever), there is a great suspension rehab/refurb thread in the project blog section that was created by a friend last spring when he fixed up my suspension...as I always say, the suspension is the best part of the car (by far).

The pic of the car in that parking lot scene was taken at my friend Jason's coffee place, it's called "Fuel". It has an automotive theme. Jason hosts "Cars and Coffee" every Saturday, and a motorcycle meet up sometimes on Sundays. C&C is quite an event - even I show up every once in a while. You can find Fuel's page on FB - there are hundreds of cool car pics on that page.

That was mostly written in sarcasm font, in my mind.

Jim and Bill, I took 3 pics just now and will post tomorrow. There is a vent tube that comes out of the filler neck, and dumps out through the trunk floor under the license plate. Pics tomorrow AM.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay and Jim

Cashel has what you are looking for, I think?

Jaymic might have it, too.

Scott

Thanks Scott - I sent them an e-mail about it.

Jim

http://www.bmw02.de/Chrome-work.62.0.html?&L=2&tx_tscahsel_pi1=10&cHash=26648158c5

Jim,

We may have to split shipping on that!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

It´s swedish made heater, Calix, named after a community in the north of Sweden. Close to Finland. Still makes heaters, I sell them. I just might have a fitting cable for it laying around..

BTW Klippan is also swedish, and has been in all 02´s I´ve seen over here. Klippan also made safety bars/cages for tractors, almost standard on old Massey Fergusons here.

I have the same fuse-sticker, and german text for heater and so on. Haven´t seen the thingy on the coil, though.

But the white "positioning" light on the outer, lower end of the grill is US spec, right?

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

Ola - quick question re the Calix...

There is a wire (with a beefy metal enclosure around it) that isn't attached to anything. I'm curious where the Calix wires would go - I assume a part that is screwed into the block somewhere, that has terminals on it. Is that what I'm looking for?

Also, how would it turn on and off? Just plug it in to the electricity in your garage?

Thanks,

Scott

02ing since '87

Exactly, the heater element was usually placed below the exhaust replacing one of the freeze plugs (if that´s the right word).

Yep, there is a special cable for that. Fitting the socket in your engine compartment and in a regular wall socket. Here they usually put the socket you have got in the bay hanging under the front bumper, more easily accessible. We use them just about every day. 1-2 hours before starting.

Often built out with a socket inside the car for a heater fan, making the 02 warm and cosy and with no ice on the wind screen=)

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

• 2 months later...

Found another euro detail. Ben's '68 has euro headlights, with the elastic bands to hold the plastic buckets on. My car has something similar but different. It has two metal "arms" that grab the metal "ears" on the body outside the headlight plastic cover, and you are supposed to put an elastic band in-between the metal arms (according to the nice folks I bought the car from). I got tired of the bands rotting away, and put a spring with the right tension in-between the arms. But I've not seen another car with the metal arms...

IMG_2209.jpg

Scott

02ing since '87