• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grand Prix Festival at the Glen Friday

jscaptura1

The annual Grand Prix vintage festival is tomorrow in Watkins Glen. This runs in combination with the vintage races at WGI for the weekend. For those who have not attended, this vintage race is usually the largest gathering of vintage race cars in the US. The vintage festival in the town is a great time. There are many nice old roads cars that take tours of the track during the day, then in the evening the original 6.6 mike course is closed. About 150 cars are selected & driven to town from the track and do a re-enactment/demonstration run of 2-3 laps. The cars are brought down from the track at around 4-5 pm lined up on Franklin St. and spectators get to see the cars up close. A great time! The featured marque this year is the Mustang, so I will have my 68 out for the festival this weekend. I usually have one of the only '02's there. There are a few but not many. I will try to post some pictures after the festival.

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

I live in Horseheads now but my family is still in the Glen so I am there often. My sister lives on the original track on the long uphill stretch behind the Seneca Lodge & we watch the re-enactments from there, it is a blast because some of the cars really get moving up that hill. I will post what I can this weekend.

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

That is very cool, My Grandfather had a farm on top of Catlin Hill I could see the cars coming around turn 3 when I was on the farm...wish I was there, almost made the trip up to see my Mom & Dad and would have been there this weekend but plans changed

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ

• 2 weeks later...