• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neighborhood crash this morning

jgerock

Not too long after my wife left the house this morning, I heard sirens out on our main road. Looking out the rear of our place, I noticed several emergency vehicles along with multiple police cars at the upper entrance to our neighborhood. Glad it didn't involve my wife nor any of my neighbors..

Grabbed the small camera and walked to the entrance. From what I could tell, an Infiniti sedan (J series?) was traveling at a very high rate of speed, clipped and spun a Cadillac Sedan 180 degrees, then the Infiniti ran off the road, into a culvert, flipped and rolled several times then landed on its wheels. The guy narrowly missed a light pole.

The culvert is about 15 feet deep and contains large rocks and cattails.

The Infiniti had its roof cut off in order to extract the driver. I did not see the driver of the Cadillac, but heard he was OK and walking around.

The trunk of the Infiniti had several cases of bottled water which were tossed all over the hillside.

I found a coil spring near the Cadillac and a reflector that was about 50 yards from the final resting place of the Infiniti.

The speed limit on this road is 35 MPH, but it goes downhill so many drivers exceed the speed limit. This guy must have been going at least 50-60 from what I could tell.

IMG_7975.jpg

IMG_7976.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

IMG_7978.jpg

IMG_7979.jpg

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7981.jpg

Here is the reflector I found in the grass (looks like it came from the front bumper cover).

IMG_7982.jpg

Tilting the camera up in the same spot, you can see the car about 50 yards away (I walked it off).

IMG_7983.jpg

IMG_7984.jpg

Front bumper cover of Infiniti

IMG_7985.jpg

IMG_7986.jpg

Drive safe everyone and please buckle up.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

yikes, looks like the infinity was doing more than 60...

"To infinity and beyond"...

To others outside Fairfax County, the last picture shows (1) of the (2) trunk mounted (forward facing) radar guns on the marked cruiser.

Jim Gerock

yikes, looks like the infinity was doing more than 60...

"To infinity and beyond"...

To others outside Fairfax County, the last picture shows (1) of the (2) trunk mounted (forward facing) radar guns on the marked cruiser.

That's unreal, wow....

so the radar gun on the trunk, that's not the camera that grabs pics of license plates? Why do they have radar on the rear? I saw a blurp on those cameras which is why I ask. As the cops drive around scanning plates, the images feed to a computer that deciphers the plate #'s and runs them automatically.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Not sure Scott. Don't think I really want to know their real purpose. Might be plate readers/recorders as you mention.

The State Troopers here (MD and VA) are resourceful. Driving home from BWI airport (Baltimore) one evening, I saw a MD trooper speed by a group of cars, then stop in the median and quickly point a hand held radar gun back into traffic.

Jim Gerock

That's unreal, wow....

so the radar gun on the trunk, that's not the camera that grabs pics of license plates? Why do they have radar on the rear? I saw a blurp on those cameras which is why I ask. As the cops drive around scanning plates, the images feed to a computer that deciphers the plate #'s and runs them automatically.

dedicated traffic/speed enforcement car. can just park anywhere and light up either side of the fixed mount speed radars. trunk is out of line of sight and relatively protected from road debris when driving.

2xM3