• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

honda heater valve replacemnnt for 2002 heater valve?

harry6422

Saw this on Ebay , looks about right as a possible (with some modification) replacement for the 2002 heater valve , check it out what do you think?

www.ebay.com/itm/140585195577?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Good idea, thank you. Do you know what the size in MM of the fittings? They should be atleast 18mm

(17mm would work with a little inguinuity)

early cars took a 14mm so that might work there too.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

Yea, try it & let us know. Someone on here posted about a ford or chevy truck heater valve from a 70's or 80's model long ago. I always thought I'd take a stock 2002 heater valve to the parts store & hope I could get someone to find something similar.

Making a small bracket to bolt a non standard valve in place would be only work involved, as long as the hose's fit.

May also have to drill the hole in the lever to locate the cable in a different spot to make the valve fully close & open.

2002 owner since 1980

Do you know what the size in MM of the fittings? They should be atleast 18mm

(17mm would work with a little inguinuity)

early cars took a 14mm so that might work there too.

According the Ebay auction, it is 5/8" x 5/8". So, just shy of 16mm.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

heater core and the head are stiff enough to hold the valve in place without the little plastic mount that always breaks. Mine's been functioning just fine for at least ten years since I broke the mount trying to extract the rock-hard, 26 year old (but not leaking!) hose that connected valve to heater core.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite