• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to Find Air Conditioner Grommets

Satesh

Steve,

I pulled the compressor mounting plate off my engine earlier this year and may have the bushings you are looking for. Will check when I get home and will let you know.

Patiently, but eagerly, waiting!

Thank you,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Steve,

Sorry to get your hopes up. I could only find one bushing. Now that I think about it, when I sold the bracket to someone here on the Forum, I think I threw all the bolts and bushings into a ziplock bag and put them in with the bracket.

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

Steve,

Sorry to get your hopes up. I could only find one bushing. Now that I think about it, when I sold the bracket to someone here on the Forum, I think I threw all the bolts and bushings into a ziplock bag and put them in with the bracket.

It's the thought that counts! Thanks for thinking of me; and I haven't given up hope on the backordered new grommets.

Regards,

Steve

• 1 year later...

John,

Thank you! They're ordered! I started with my copy of the Behr A/C Parts List (for posterity, Behr A/C and early, pre-rotary-compressor, Clardy A/C used identical York compressors and mounts) but no one has previously moved me beyond the original BMW part number, which shows up as either NLA or "part number not found," depending on who was looking it up!

And Tischer even provides a discount off list price. This was a win!

Greatly appreciated,

Steve

Just circling back on an open item: I ordered the needed grommets from BMW, through Tischer, in November 2012. Because BMW treated them as backordered, rather than NLA, that order remained open but un-fulfilled for more than a year. Tischer contacted me this week and said the grommets were now NLA, and cancelled my order.

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Steve- IIRC, the early VW Rabbit and Jetta cars used a bolt on bracket with rubber bushings for the compressor. I had to replace a few of them because they failed from the vibration of the engine. Maybe check VW?

Thanks, Jim,

I'll give that a try!

Steve