• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update 9.27.12: Austin 02 meet - Sept 29th in Luckenbach, TX

JsnPpp

Update 9.27.12

Not looking good - 30%, 80% for Fri and Sat. This is a bummer, why this weekend!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Update 9.23.12:

Checking the weather and of course it's a week out but shows decent rain Fri/Sat/Sun. Lets play it by ear since it's still a week away, but wanted to throw that out there for folks traveling a distance.

~Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like this is a go! Two groups will be leaving - one from San Antonio led by Gilbert. The other from Central Austin is organized by me.

San Antonio: Gilbert will lead the group from San Antonio leaving at 10:00 am from Rudy’s BBQ at IH-10 at Leon Springs Rd. Just north of The Dominion.

Austin: Leave from Starbucks on 360 Highway at 10:00am. Head west and take the scenic path north of Dripping Springs and then head directly over. I'll be following the speed limit more or less as I will have family with me. Map: http://goo.gl/maps/CWsEs

Once we get there we can scout out an area to park. I'd plan on bringing lawn chairs perhaps, food can be had there locally (I've never been so it's new to me). For those traveling a farther distance, you may want to explore staying the night in the area. Fredricksburg is also very nice and German if you haven't been.

Shoot me or Gilbert an email or post here if you have questions! Feel free to invite anyone who wants to go for drive.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate, if it doesn't we can discuss as time gets closer.

Cheers,

~Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited the Subject to reflect the location:

http://www.luckenbachtexas.com/

More details following, but basically a fun get together for vintage cars. Everyone welcome!

~Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are thinking of meeting down in New Braunfels in the afternoon of the 29th - nothing solid planned yet, but beer and brats is a guarantee!

May be far for the Dallas folks, but the Austin and San Antonio folks should be pretty easy...

Want to get Les some 02 time b4 he has to go back over the water!

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

We are thinking of meeting down in New Braunfels in the afternoon of the 29th - nothing solid planned yet, but beer and brats is a guarantee!

May be far for the Dallas folks, but the Austin and San Antonio folks should be pretty easy...

Want to get Les some 02 time b4 he has to go back over the water!

~Jason

Yes.....yes.....yes.

I'll be there for sure.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Sounds great folks! We will put together a bit more of a firm plan so folks know where when and all that.

Shot you an email Chris.

~Jason

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

More details!

Looks like we will plan on meeting in Luckenbach at 11:30am on Saturday, September 29th. Stay as long as you like - we are working on any other details we may need (ideally having a bit of space guaranteed for our cars, but it looks like there is enough parking for everyone in general).

http://www.luckenbachtexas.com/

We are still in planning stages and will figure out if a caravan from Austin will work. It's about 1.5 hours from Austin, and 1.5 hours from San Antonio too. Plan on around 3 hours to get from Dallas to Austin...

More coming up!

~Jason

That sucks if you can't make it! No matter what weekend, it's always difficult... would be great if you could.

~Jason

Agreed - it's supposed to rain tomorrow, Sat and Sun. 20%, 80%, 30%. Basically the same weather for Dallas, Austin and Fredericksburg.

I'm guessing this will impact the DFW folks much more, driving 4-5 hours in potential rain is for real diehards!

Lets see at the end of the day and how the forecast changes and then we can decide to keep it or move on. My gut is to abort :-(.

~Jason

Hi Jason,

Buddy is the only one coming (at the moment) from Dallas.

Let me know soonest if the guys from Austin are go/no go, as I have a hotel I'll need to cancel, and I'll then let Buddy know.

Cheers,

Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

It's up to 90% chance of rain! Of course this means it will be Sunny and 75 degrees all day.

It's been muggy all day so not hard to believe it will be a front coming through.

Sadly I am going to say we abort on this - while I am not in any way bothered by driving in the rain, it just makes it a less relaxing type of event...

Gilbert, Les, others - thoughts?

~Jason

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors