• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Gal in a 2002

fuzzynormal

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long have your roof racks been "coming soon?"

;-)

Ray (I'm being silly)

How come no one told her to "use the search" when she asked her questions?

:P

I'm being rhetorical.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

If you are using another brand of oil filter, make sure to examine it closely for sharp openings, burrs and generally what looks like a "cheap" filter. I have not experienced an oil filter failure using the Mahle or Mann brand filters (yet), but have read many times about folks using another brand that cannot take the pressure during a cold start situation, especially when using "thicker" oil. Not sure who makes the Mobil 1 filter - there are most likely quite a few companies and knock-offs out there - just like air filters. The box may say one brand and the contents may be another. I learned this from our former company owner - Mann + Hummel based in Germany.

I only use Honda brand oil filters from the dealer on my high mileage Accord - no issues for the last 13 years.

Cheap plastic see-thru fuel filters are another sore subject.

Carl Nelson and crew at LaJolla Independent Service is an excellent place/resource for your 2002 needs. They have parts specials all the time on their website. See here >> http://www.bimmerdoc.com/parts-finder

ps: You will no doubt see many references to "Just do a search" here on the FAQ. Don't be offended.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

How long have your roof racks been "coming soon?"

;-)

Ray (I'm being silly)

How come no one told her to "use the search" when she asked her questions?

:P

I'm being rhetorical.

Fair play. I had a child recently and that whole miracle of life thing sort of slowed down the rack business. :P

...Mahle or Mann brand filters...Carl Nelson and crew at LaJolla Independent Service is an excellent place/resource for your 2002 needs...many references to "Just do a search" here on the FAQ.

Yep. Got one. Got it from LaJolla Independent. Not offended by the "search it" assumptions.

I hope I'm not offending anyone with my ignorance!

But I did want to introduce my car and it just started a little organic back and forth Q&A.

Y'all are welcome to search "fumes in cab" and see what that reveals. A newbie like me was a bit overwhelmed with the unfocused material, so I just posted directly on this thread.

If it's uncool to do so without digging through the archive, let me know and I'll play nice from now on.

Regardless, thanks for the feedback!

The best thing about the 2002, for me, so far?

"Vrrrooooooom!" (That's the car talking, btw...well, me too in certain circumstances.)

Fuzzynormal,

The M1-102 should be just fine. I've run those on my cars without problems. You find this board to be a great resource. You have a great looking car. Regarding the smells, check the gasket along the top edge of the fire wall inside the engine compartment, then check that the trunk seal is making good contact.

Welcome to the community, I hope you will enjoy our feedback. Check out the locations for the different contributors in the threads. One thing I always enjoy is seeing where the feedback comes from... this is a global community.

Todd

"Common sense isn't common"

...Mahle or Mann brand filters...Carl Nelson and crew at LaJolla Independent Service is an excellent place/resource for your 2002 needs...many references to "Just do a search" here on the FAQ.

Yep. Got one. Got it from LaJolla Independent. Not offended by the "search it" assumptions.

I hope I'm not offending anyone with my ignorance!

But I did want to introduce my car and it just started a little organic back and forth Q&A.

Y'all are welcome to search "fumes in cab" and see what that reveals. A newbie like me was a bit overwhelmed with the unfocused material, so I just posted directly on this thread.

If it's uncool to do so without digging through the archive, let me know and I'll play nice from now on.

Regardless, thanks for the feedback!

The best thing about the 2002, for me, so far?

"Vrrrooooooom!" (That's the car talking, btw...well, me too in certain circumstances.)

Just in case you are interested to learn a little more about Carl Nelson and La Jolla Independent, check this out:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,372790/highlight,cabriolet/

I can think of worse things happening to my car than having Katy Perry use it in a video shoot!

;)

Congrats on a nice car!

post-22228-13667664640756_thumb.jpg

Tom

Connecticut

Home for Feral BMWs

1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting), 1982 323i Baur

1991 325ix (winter), 1977 320i (carbed), 1989 325ix

1989 325iC (summer), 1979 323i (project), 1978 320i (parts)

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

Bill Holmes aka Bavarian Rennsport is a good guy. Another option for parts in SD is Northside Imports on Convoy in Kearney Mesa, not the place to go if you are looking for support but good prices and inventory for OEM parts.

Good luck with smog.....have a 76 as well and not been lucky.