• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Gal in a 2002

fuzzynormal

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love to hear about people getting into older cars, especially of the female gender (the girls in my family think the cars we drive are junk) haha but anyway welcome and as far as the smoke, my car also smokes but only on hard acceleration and occasional deceleration, BUT she runs pretty damn good considering her age.. oil leaks.. smoke... etc... haha i dont know how much smoke your putting out (ive seen some pretty bad smoking cars) but if its not too too bad id just keep driving and continue checking oil because apparently oil is good for your motor :D

Keepin it old Skewl ;)

If you know anybody in Campo, register the car at their address and have the registration sent there. There are certain areas of the state that are exempt from the smog checks except when there is an ownership change. I have a friend that lived in Campo and wished he hadn't changed his address when he moved because he started having to get smog checks on a car that would never pass.

Edit: here is the map: http://smogcheck.ca.gov/80_BARResources/02_SmogCheck/Engineering/Program_Map.pdf

you want it registered in one of the gray areas.

74 Golf

I'm sure Carl Nelson would help with any of your '76 related questions as well.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Carl was helpful. We told him we have a 2002, the very first converation we had with him he asked, "What year?"

"'76, I think."

"Sell it."

Well, to be honest, I've been known to say the very same thing....

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20