• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 911 is almost done

Kidasters

Ken -

You are attacking that 911 like I would - except for paying for the paintwork.

The guy who installed a new windshield in my Honda last week told me doing the rear glass in a Targa Porsche is a major pain and takes a long time (4+ hours I think).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I wish you could have seen how bad the paint was Jim. It was either oxidized, worn through to the primer or just a different color. Plus - there were at least 50 dings in the body and one big dent in the right rear quarter panel.

When I told my mechanic I wanted to pull the rear glass - he gave me an ugly look. But - when he saw how hard the seal was, and I showed him where I thought there might be rust under the seal (there was), he pulled it.

I hear that 1/4 of the time, when they remove/install that glass that they break it. I got lucky.

Happy to have all new glass seals on the car now.

I wish I was as good as taking pictures as you. Plus - from the pics I've seen, this isn't even close to as good as your VW was. Or as good as your Ti clone is going to be.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry Jim - I didn't see your post.

I've been driving it as much as I can. Drove it to work for a few days. One lady flagged me down and told me "It's gorgeous". That was nice.

Drove it all over today. I love it.

My mechanic told me to wait to take the roof off for a few months, so that the seals could compress. I don't want to wait.

It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow. I'll take better pictures.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Wow, that is purty!

Some guy said "that's an awesome car!" while I was driving the '02 last week.

Let me know when you get over this way next, Ken.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.