• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uht ohhh... (COUPE DEATH CAMP UPDATE)

eurotrash

Pull the bumpers and trim pieces, then send the rest to the crusher. I like a good parts car, but those were in a damp environment far too long -- yikes! I've dealt with Ohio rust and corrosion but I don't think I'd want to touch any of them.

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

I hear you Carl..

How was your visit from Jake?

We had a good visit. He came up for an engine and seats but went back with a minivan stuffed to the gills. Now I just need to find somebody to take the rest of my heavy parts (engine blocks, rear subframes, etc.). I hate to pitch this stuff.

I'm on the lookout for a 5-speed if you know of anyone...

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

Coupe stuff to look for & try to save, as I look at the pics of the rusty gold mine.

White 2000C & Green 2000CA & 2800CS

Raised letter 2 piece rear roundels

C pillar roundels, not chipped.

2000 C wheels may fit 2002

5 spoke wheels with hubcaps

Tail lights

Belt trim

Bumpers & grills

Wiper arms and blade holders

Lower door panels and arm rests

Radio/center console

Any clean instruments and interior bits, seats, headrest trim rings etc.

Clean electric switches & under dash relays.

Glass

Window motors and regulators

Window trim

Tool kit shell.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

thanks Andrew..

I get the vibe that this is gonna take 2k to get the lot... I want to know going in that its 4k worth of parts. Keep that in mind. I have no concept what coupe parts bring. I will assume that all electrical switches are toast due to moisture.

Coupe stuff to look for & try to save, as I look at the pics of the rusty gold mine.

White 2000C & Green 2000CA & 2800CS

Raised letter 2 piece rear roundels

C pillar roundels, not chipped.

2000 C wheels may fit 2002

5 spoke wheels with hubcaps

Tail lights

Belt trim

Bumpers & grills

Wiper arms and blade holders

Lower door panels and arm rests

Radio/center console

Any clean instruments and interior bits, seats, headrest trim rings etc.

Clean electric switches & under dash relays.

Glass

Window motors and regulators

Window trim

Tool kit shell.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Andrew -

"Clean switches?" Clean anything? Did you see those pictures??? The tin worm has probably eaten most of what was once useful. Note the twisted front bumper on the 2800; what would anyone do with that? That said, I agree that someone should salvage everything usable. But I fear that it won't be much. Sorry to be a downer, but just my 02 cents worth.

Larry

'73 tii

'73 3.0 CS

'23 M2

I have never seen an e9 with a paint color of Pacific and it's the second 4 speed built for the US market (2270002). If you can get it for under $1500 you can make some money on parts. Bumpers, all chrome trim, toolbox, console, kidney and grilles, radio, sill trim, window sill chrome, trunk lid covers and tail panel trim. The rest looks like it was stored in seawater. Andrew or myself can help you with selling parts on the e9 board. Wish I was closer.

Chris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

I have never seen an e9 with a paint color of Pacific and it's the second 4 speed built for the US market (2270002). If you can get it for under $1500 you can make some money on parts. Bumpers, all chrome trim, toolbox, console, kidney and grilles, radio, sill trim, window sill chrome, trunk lid covers and tail panel trim. The rest looks like it was stored in seawater. Andrew or myself can help you with selling parts on the e9 board. Wish I was closer.

Chris

thanks Chris. I am waiting for an e9 board email for my eurotrash registration.. like, for hours now.

I knew that VIN was significant.. just didn't know how. Pretty amazing and horrifying find really. Just pathetic.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Jason - thanks for sharing with us. This kind of stuff is what I love (too bad of the condition).

Those Libra wheels on the 2002 may clean up if blasted.

file-7.jpg

I'd save the air cleaner assembly from the 2000CS. Too bad the carbs are really corroded.

file-50.jpg

Are there really Triple Webers in here??

file-35.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I had the pleasure of tagging along on this adventure. The cars look about twice as bad in person vs. the photo album.

I'll be thinking about that the next time I look at car pics on craigslist.

Anyway.

It was hard to convince yourself that any of it was worth it. You'd have to torch parts off - they were in that state of being fused to each other. The valve covers were coated with white powder. I was afraid that opening the doors would enable the cars to collapse; that much of the floors and chassis were missing. Looked like they were rusty to begin with, and then were stored sitting in puddles for 15 years.

It was truly depressing. Especially seeing the motor in the CA...a sixties ti motor, just crusted over.

Plus, I think I got tetanus from the rust, and west Nile from the mosquitos. Would do it again of course. Don't see 5 vintage BMWs that have been stashed away for years very often.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

I had the pleasure of tagging along on this adventure. The cars look about twice as bad in person vs. the photo album.

I'll be thinking about that the next time I look at car pics on craigslist.

Anyway.

It was hard to convince yourself that any of it was worth it. You'd have to torch parts off - they were in that state of being fused to each other. The valve covers were coated with white powder. I was afraid that opening the doors would enable the cars to collapse; that much of the floors and chassis were missing. Looked like they were rusty to begin with, and then were stored sitting in puddles for 15 years.

It was truly depressing. Especially seeing the motor in the CA...a sixties ti motor, just crusted over.

Plus, I think I got tetanus from the rust, and west Nile from the mosquitos. Would do it again of course. Don't see 5 vintage BMWs that have been stashed away for years very often.

Scott

Uggg my wife got west nile. She was very sick for almost a month

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle