• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any good ways to ship an engine?

89e30

Hey everyone,

Im looking to get an engine shipped from Texas to Oregon. Im sure many of you have had to deal with this before; whats the best way to do this? The engine is on a pallet, and ready to be picked up. Anyone have any experience, or know of a company i could try?

Thanks,

Nick

R&L Carriers...www.gorlc.com...you can get a shipping quote before you arrange pickup and even print a bill of lading right off the web. They're very competitive. Oh, yeah, it's cheaper to ship to a business address.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Buy a motor in Oregon.

But to answer your question I believe UPS Freights, put it on a pallet and build a stand for it to sit in then secure it with band straps or something of the like. Shouldnt be too awfully hard.

Best of luck!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I shipped an M10 from Vermont to Indiana strapped to a pallet via yellow freight; it had to be dropped off at the terminal and picked up at a terminal, but they have forklifts, etc so it was easy. Door to door U-Ship would be a lot less problematic but loading and unloading will likely be an issue. Yellow was around $200 IIRC.

--> 1968 2002 <--

Protect the motor by surrounding it with a wooden crate, and ensure it's strapped very securely to the pallet so that it doesn't tip over when the depot workers kick the pallet off of the truck. If the motor is shipped on a pallet, but surrounded by cardboard, lots of nasty things can happen in transit. Have the seller remove any fragile parts, such as carbs, and ship them separately.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”