• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many people belong to BMW CCA?

austinmf

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My current membership started in Mar 1989 (BMWCCA #78139). I first joined in 1986 but my membership lapsed while I went overseas. Colorado has a very active club with a something for everyone. I used to be quite active but now that that I travel for a living, not so much. I have no plans to cancel and will continue to support the club.

Phil/Bomb Guy in Colorado

2002 E46M3

2002 E46 325 xi

1991 E30 325ix

1970 2002 M2

1966 Mustang

I'm a CCA member since 1998.

Although it does seem like the CCA is focused on newer cars, I've met a lot of good people through the CCA and I am often surprised how many members still own '02s, E9 Coupes, etc.

Over the years, I've gotten involved with my Chapter (LA/OC) and I regularly take part in events sponsored by other CA chapters. As others have posted, getting involved in your local & regional chapters will help shape the club into something you will enjoy.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

I joined with my first BMW ('76 2002) back in the mid-1990s, dropped after a few years, and rejoined a few years ago. I find that the club really struggles for relevance to people like me. I have little interest in any new BMWs, I am not going to get involved in Club Racing, and (as so many others have pointed out) internet forums like this and e46fanatics provide all the information I need to support wrenching. Further compounding things, I live in an area with a lack of any real local chapter activity. In effect, I am paying $48/year for a magazine. While I still have another year or two before my current membership term is up, I am having some difficulty justifying another renewal.

- Justin

1973 2002tii

The toolbox is where truth and contentment lie... -James May

Nineteen years with BMW CCA now. When I was a kid I wanted to race cars but thought it was too expensive to learn from places like Skip Barber. For the first 10 years of 2002 ownership I did not know about the club. Then I read the Roundel at H&B in Berkeley, found out I could do a driver school for $100 a day, and signed up with Golden Gate. The 1-day driving clinic (safety school) I did before hitting the track was the best $30 I ever spent.

Over the years I was Chapter President (Boston), autocross chair, and then an instructor. I enjoy the tech section of the Roundel and the occasional vintage coverage. Back in the old days I looked to the Roundel want ads for 2002 parts, now it is the 2002FAQ and a number of vendors I have gotten to know.

My involvement now is only through HPDE's, and I have gotten to know a lot of great people, both within CCA and in the greater driving enthusiast community. I am glad the 2002 FAQ is such a great resource. I was on the early 2002 mailing lists, but at some point they devolved into flame wars and I dropped off for about 10 years. Glad to see that now we have mainly positive discourse among knowledgeable and interested '02ers.

--Fred '69GT3 and '74tii

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

"cleaning the car" to me means spitting on the birdshit and wiping it off

Thanks for this Rob.. I parked the tii outside 2 weeks ago while attending a car show. When I returned to the car, a large bird dropping was dead center on the deck lid. I had some paper towels in the trunk but no water. I did the exact same thing.

Caught you at the drags in NC from Marshall's car.

DSC_1283.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Been a member since June 1989 when I bought a 2002 in college. Joined for the car, stayed for the people. A majority of the friends I have are through BMW CCA and my involvement. I'm currently the President of the Pine Tree Chapter which is Maine.

In fact this forum has only increased my involvement in the CCA

Nothing better than meeting fellow forum members at The Vintage in NC, The Vintage at Saratoga, Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, Lime Rock Vintage Fall Festival, Bavarian Autosport Show & Shine or any of the other Vintage friendly events.

I write about my adventures in Vern and or Athena for our newsletter. Several people from our chapter have attended events just to see the well traveled 2002Tii and 3.0CSi they've read about.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Caught you at the drags in NC from Marshall's car.

DSC_1283.jpg

Jim,

That's the legendary Hawthorne Inn parking lot, just before the tour to the drag strip.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40