• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dashboard fixes

alijzari

Does anyone have some good tips on fixing dash cracks? My 72 has one large on in the middle which was repaired before. I have taken it two a few upholstery shops and all have told me that they can't repair one shop told me about a company called coverly which produces dash covers that fit on top of your existing dash but I have had no luck finding a coverly for a 72. Anyone have any tips or know of any specality shops that can help out with this?

1972 BMW 2002 Charmonix

dashes. And unfortunately I've yet to see a really good dash repair that lasts. I've seen ugly ones that don't crack again, and really invisible ones that don't last through the first summer/winter cycle.

Most of us have cracked dashes (my 69's cracked the winter it was -28 here in Dayton) and have just learned to live with 'em. Think of the cracks as patina!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite