• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

best ebay listing ever

Guest Anonymous

That's awesome.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

I'm contacting Michele Ferrari now. Hopefully by the time the listing ends I'll have enough Hgh in me that even my money will have enough testosterone. Then I'll go on to win 7 Tour de France as well.

And why only four hotties? A car as manly as that is on par with a mansion filled like Hugh Hefner...

And now for my fine print... What exactly is a manual transmission? I can't even get to the grocery store without directions from my wife. And exactly how much just for the MC Hammer pants? Oh wait I still have those from back in the day.

never noticed it before but Cobras have the same inside rearview mirror as a Bugeye Sprite!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Amusing description, especially once you get past the fact that it's not a '65, it's not a Shelby, and it's not a 427.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

In my opinion, even the "Real Cobra" is more of a kit car than a well executed design. It's nothing more than the result of a "hack job". Just look at the center hump to make room for the larger transmissions for the 8 cylinder motors. And that all too vertical windshield ? The very limited amount of room for the pedals and the driver's feet, the layout of the gauges, the position of the steering wheel, those ugly cheap headlights, etc etc. A VW beetle from the same era blows this thing away in styling and design, not to mention a Porsche 356. And a 2.5-3.0 liter Ferrari will keep up with it with an engine more than hallf the size, while blowing it away in styling and ergonomics. Carol Shelpy, may you rest in peace, but your Cobra is not all its made out to be. The F40, though, is another story altogether.

Actually it was an AC Ace, the Bristol part was just the engine. When they first built the Ace in 1953 they used their own 2 liter inline 6 that made about 100 hp. It was not until 1956 that they started using the Bristol 2 liter inline 6 ( Based on the BMW 328 engine, 120 hp or so) In 1961 they started using a 205 liter "Ruddspeed" inline 6 that made closer to 170hp. And that is when Shelby started thinking he could stuff a Ford V8 into it and go even faster.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

In my opinion, even the "Real Cobra" is more of a kit car than a well executed design. It's nothing more than the result of a "hack job". Just look at the center hump to make room for the larger transmissions for the 8 cylinder motors. And that all too vertical windshield ? The very limited amount of room for the pedals and the driver's feet, the layout of the gauges, the position of the steering wheel, those ugly cheap headlights, etc etc. A VW beetle from the same era blows this thing away in styling and design, not to mention a Porsche 356. And a 2.5-3.0 liter Ferrari will keep up with it with an engine more than hallf the size, while blowing it away in styling and ergonomics. Carol Shelpy, may you rest in peace, but your Cobra is not all its made out to be. The F40, though, is another story altogether.

One can only assume you base your opinions on eBay ads. A genuine Shelby Cobra from the 60's has none of the issues you mention, unlike the replicas that like to masquerade as real Cobras. Having owned 7 of the genuine article, and from thousands of miles of driving experience, I can say your conclusions are nonsense.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

I can say your occlusions are nonsense.

heee heeee.....

...damn, that's a good ad.

The originals WERE a hack job- they hacked

a v8 into a car designed for a

straight 6! And details in a 60's Briddish car?

Always of the finest orchestration.

makes me want leather pants, that does.

And the hardtop version that F5 makes DOES give me a stiffie...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Unlike the "REAL" Cobras this car uses a Fox body Mustang SOLID rear axle (Cobras were full independant rear suspension) the Horizontal rear shocks are to help control axle wrap due to the strange 4 link system the Mustang used. This helps to control Wheel Hop, but not much.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC