• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those into original cars...

saaron

Lots of comments already (I'm not surprised).

I believe Jaime purchased this car from Sam Smith's parents. Jaime did a nice comparison article on his tii and a blue Triumph in Automobile Magazine. Great pictures.

Jim

Edited to correct the comparison vehicle. Thanks Ben.

Not sure how much I would drive it if my tii was like this one. I really enjoy driving mine.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Jim, I think you're correct re Sam Smith's parents owning the car.

Sam highlighted it on FB - that's how I saw it. Jamie piled on the FB thread a bit ago to say it was sold, to someone that rode in it as a kid!

So I guess we know roughly what a really original roundie tii with ownership history is worth. Not many out there like that one, that's for sure.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Very nice. Definitely cleaner than mine, and the price point confirms that.

I did notice that I have a fancier locking gas cap (spring loaded cover), and that one is missing the wind deflector on the drivers windshield wiper blade.

My spare steelie has a black center and silver rim. It is the older style for the large wheel cover. Maybe it is because his is 840 cars further along the assembly line and/or the wheel covers changed for the US market, or it's a proxy for the original that is missing. He shoulda bought 5 alloy wheels.

I love the brown/black interior.

Tom Jones noticed the black on everything under the car. Mine still has the "blue-ing" on the structural steel. Maybe the black is Ziebart.

Anyway, with the amount we pay for every fix or OEM part I believe $37K is not so out of line.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Hey- that kid is me! The original owner was good friends with my dad. My dad owned a matching Malaga 72 tii which is now in my custody. Our family and the original owners family participated in many CT Valley BMWCCA events in the matching Tii's in the late 70's/early 80's. While I did not buy the car from Jamie, a good friend did. The two matching Tii's will be reunited for the first time in 32 years very shortly!

Small world....

Here is a picture of my Tii, in our family since 1974 at the Road America Concours winners circle last summer

post-18560-13667665591155_thumb.jpg

72 2002 tii

Must have been a great batch of paint that day. My '73 Tii is 47 numbers away, Malaga with black, no sunroof, and still has its original paint. Although a CA car, it too was Ziebarted when new, and yes, the black all over the bottom side of Jaime's car is very likely that.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

Hey- that kid is me! The original owner was good friends with my dad. My dad owned a matching Malaga 72 tii which is now in my custody. Our family and the original owners family participated in many CT Valley BMWCCA events in the matching Tii's in the late 70's/early 80's. While I did not buy the car from Jamie, a good friend did. The two matching Tii's will be reunited for the first time in 32 years very shortly!

Small world....

Here is a picture of my Tii, in our family since 1974 at the Road America Concours winners circle last summer

Wonderful news! Thanks for the information and great picture of the 72tii. Cannot wait to see the reunion pictures.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

The black is definitely Ziebart. It's amazing how solid the underside of our New England 76 is,while the rockers are rusted away...

That's a freaking beautiful car. Our malaga never held up that well, it looked crappy in 1995.

Definitely worth the money imho.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

Regarding the price. So many comment on how "expensive" the car is. I personally think that car is well priced at where it is, given it is a roundie, a tii, a low mileage (allegedly documented) car, with at least some original paint. Come on. Early 911s ("S") are selling at 130k and more in some cases depending on year and condition and maybe not a a fair or proper comparison

but really. Reading the comments, if you had to replicate that car from most of the POS (pieces of sh#t) cars that are out there today you would be at that number or past it. Really nice car, would be a great car to own. If it hasn't been sold already, it will be soon.

www.alpinabmw2002.com