• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those into original cars...

saaron

I believe post #8 says the car has already been sold.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

Hey- that kid is me! The original owner was good friends with my dad. My dad owned a matching Malaga 72 tii which is now in my custody. Our family and the original owners family participated in many CT Valley BMWCCA events in the matching Tii's in the late 70's/early 80's. While I did not buy the car from Jamie, a good friend did. The two matching Tii's will be reunited for the first time in 32 years very shortly!

Small world....

Here is a picture of my Tii, in our family since 1974 at the Road America Concours winners circle last summer

Do you remember if the car originally had a sunroof?

The BAT post mentions that the original window sticker does not list a sunroof and that the roof may have been repainted.

I know many non sunroof cars have been converted, wondering if that is the case here.

Do you remember if the car originally had a sunroof?

The BAT post mentions that the original window sticker does not list a sunroof and that the roof may have been repainted.

I know many non sunroof cars have been converted, wondering if that is the case here.

I posted exactly the same thought on BAT. Window stickers did not miss an option such as a sunroof! Anyone, from the original owner on, could have added it.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

The car was delivered from the factory with a sunroof. Also, if any paintwork happened, it was at the port or at Helmut's before delivery. The reworked trunk panels were done by the original owner because he thought the trunk looked a bit cheap. Fun to read all the conspiracy theories and naysayers on BaT. The car sold to the first caller for full asking price by 7am yesterday morning with 15+ backup offers.

Well sold or well bought? I'd say well bought and then some...

Just my 2 cents.

72 2002 tii

The car was delivered from the factory with a sunroof. Also, if any paintwork happened, it was at the port or at Helmut's before delivery. The reworked trunk panels were done by the original owner because he thought the trunk looked a bit cheap. Fun to read all the conspiracy theories and naysayers on BaT. The car sold to the first caller for full asking price by 7am yesterday morning with 15+ backup offers.

Just my 2 cents.

OK. But if you weren't from Wisconsin, I'd assume you were simply part of the "Sunroof-Gate" conspiracy! The trunk boards would be an easy fix.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for chiming in again.

Quite a good read on BAT, I enjoy that site, but some of the comments can leave you gritting your teeth.

RE: Gritting your teeth: It amazes me that people who admit they have never so much as sat in a 2002 still feel the need to post an opinion about the car's perceived value on BAT. What for?

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold