• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If I have this rust in the rear window should it be down low

austinmf

If I have this rust in the rear window should it be down low in the trunk sides and shock towers?

Makes no sense that I have that kind of rust in the rear windows and none down low... of course I have not stripped the body down low... might be far worse than I am imagining...

post-20302-13667665651331_thumb.jpg

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

if you are lucky, that rust patch could be a result of a hardened and cracked old window gasket allowing water to collect and drip. pull your rear seat up and look around the rear suspension attachment bolts for condition. if it's clean there then you may have isolated rust as shown.

rust will also hide under the rubber seam sealer in the rear corner of the wheel well. you'll need a stiff spatula and hammer and some judicious hits to carefully clear a small section for a look-see.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa