• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Bought One!!!!

sonhouse

Very nice looking car you have there!

Like most mentioned, the car looks a bit higher than normal, what springs does it have in?

For a DD, I would recommend you make sure the cooling is in top condition.

Flush the radiator, get a new thermostat and radiator cap, and use anti-freeze! I can't stress that enough, your cylinder head will corrode if you don't.

The rest is standard car maintenance. New oil, filters, plugs and fuses.

Clean the ground wire contacts from the battery to the block and body(many problems are from bad grounds)

Rubber brake lines tend to get blocked if they are too old, not a bad idea to get new lines and flush the old brake fluid. There are 6 rubber lines, 2 at each front wheel and one at each rear trailing arm.

Clean your carb and give it a tune when you have time, could free some mpg's.

Check tyre pressure, and find a nice twisty road! THE most important part, is to have fun.

Regards

Jacques

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

Yes, great looking car.

I use mine basically as a daily driver: about 10 miles round trip in city driving. Sure, the car would prefer 20+ miles of highway driving, but you use a car for what you need it for. Mine has been incredibly reliable, and very easy to drive in the city.

The only advice I would give is just maintain it properly and don't drive it in the winter.

Best of luck!

hnichols

Yeah. I'm in New Orleans so the winter driving isn't going to be a problem. We may have a couple days below freezing but nothing too bad...

My biggest thing is going to be staying on top of the rust.

Has anyone attempted to rust-proof the underneath before?

I've seen some spray products that have good reviews. Could be a fun weekend project too.

Welcome! It's really a good looking car (my preference, only because I'm into originality, might be to get some of the original steel wheels and wheel covers, or possibly a set of the "early-style" OEM alloys, for it).

I don't know if you live in Atlanta, but I parked behind this car about 3 weeks ago at the Virginia Highland Post Office. It had the dealer's paper tag on the rear so I presume it pre-dates your purchase.

Inka with black interior: great combo!

Enjoy,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Congrats! Your car looks great and appears to also match your front door. I have never commented on stance before, but I agree with everyone else... it needs to be lowered some (not slammed... just lowered to stock without spacers). I would also put on an early model steering wheel or get a different steering wheel (rather than the late model one on your car).

Change all the fluids, give it a basic tune up, clean up the grounds, etc.

Mainly - drive and enjoy!

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst