• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody running 13" Michelin Defenders?

Nicad

I guess I am trying to slightly fib originality, figuring the slightly wider tires with a bit lower profile might look and work OK. Anybody have a photo with 175-70-13's?

175/70/13 is slightly too short. Try to find 165/80/13s -- they are out there.

if you want an authentic 165/r13, try these:

https://www.universaltire.com/vredestein/165hr13-vredestein-sprint-blackwall-tire.html

pi_25053.jpeg

Bob S.

XDX's: great tires!

Summit Racing's listing, however, perpetuates the myth that Coker Tire produces these tires. They do not. Coker is the sole authorized U.S. distributor for such tires (which is, no doubt, why Summit Racing must call them "Coker Michelins")..

Michelin's "Michelin Passion" division produces all of the Michelin "replica" tires, using their original tire molds but with modern rubber compounds.

For anyone seriously interested in Michelin Passion tires, such as these XDX's or -- my favorite for '02s -- the 165HR13 XAS, Longstone Tyres out of the U.K. offers appreciably better prices, partly, but not entirely, because Longstone offers free shipping to the U.S. Even with currency translation, you can get a set of 5 Michelins from Longstone for the price of 4 tires from Coker.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)