• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool people with 02s

Andy74tii

I am old enough to recall that one of the things about the 02 back in the old days was that it was such an unusual looking car -- you just did not see many, even when they were new. To wit, this picture from Rolling Stone back in 1977. I remember seeing this, and thinking, the cool dude from Fleetwood Mac drives one, hence these must be cool....

post-191-1366766652766_thumb.jpg

FAQ Member #126

Jay still has that one sitting in his shop...I got to tell him about my 1600 that I'm almost finished with...he's a fan, but has soooo many other projects that the 02 just sits off in a corner...oh well, at least he's a fan of 'em!

I believe that car is Bernard's, not Jay's. Tom Jones spoke to him about it at Monterey or Pebble Beach.

Edit: Here's Tom's post about it: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,346318/start,0/postdays,0/postorder,asc/highlight,/

'69 1600 Cabriolet

I am old enough to recall that one of the things about the 02 back in the old days was that it was such an unusual looking car -- you just did not see many, even when they were new. To wit, this picture from Rolling Stone back in 1977. I remember seeing this, and thinking, the cool dude from Fleetwood Mac drives one, hence these must be cool....

It was call ed a Cult Car back then. I have no reason to believe it is not.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Jay still has that one sitting in his shop...I got to tell him about my 1600 that I'm almost finished with...he's a fan, but has soooo many other projects that the 02 just sits off in a corner...oh well, at least he's a fan of 'em!

I believe that car is Bernard's, not Jay's. Tom Jones spoke to him about it at Monterey or Pebble Beach.

Edit: Here's Tom's post about it: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,346318/start,0/postdays,0/postorder,asc/highlight,/

Yes, you're right... I couldn't remember the conversation about that 02'... He does like them, though.. Fun to chat about the cars. Unbelievable collection he has...unbelievable.

I have two. I think that only makes me fortunate...maybe a tiny bit of coolness through osmosis. Bought my first one used, a 69, in 73...that only makes me old, not necessarily cool...

...I parked next to a new Gullwing Mercedes at a car show a while back, and after backing into my space, the "cool" owner backed in next to me....I played stupid and told him "to be careful with his doors, since my paint was new" Stupidly, he had to explain the gullwing doors...as I walked off laughing, I couldn't attempt to explain my humor...

Better to want what you have, sometimes, than to have what you want.

Dave V. in NC

I can think of quite a few guys from this board that belong in this thread

Awww man! You beat me to it Steve. Better include yourself there in my list of cool guys

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Guest Anonymous

I almost bought singer Leon Redbone's White 74 2002. His real name is Leon Burrell and he lives in New Hope Pa. It was back in the early 90's. He had multiple BMW's. He is very eccentric. I ended up finding some rust an passed on it.