• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: fully restored 2002 for daily driver (up to $20k)

GoCats

I've got my 2002 for sale and it might fit your bill It's had the mechanicals completely gone including motor, drivetrain, exhaust, suspension and brakes. I've redone the interior, new paint, and it has been taken care of since coming into my possession 4 years ago.

Here is a link to the ad.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,379615/

Have a look and feel free to drop me an e-mail if you're keen. I'm arriving in San Jose tomorrow and will be there for 2 and a half weeks so if you wanted to arrange a meeting i'd be perfectly willing to help make it work.

Cheers,

Dan

needy and demanding 72 02 known as Madame Von Kiki

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. As an update, I've agreed to buy this one:

http://bringatrailer.com/2012/11/13/bat-exclusive-blue-plate-1971-bmw-2002/

The pictures really don't do it justice. It's a superb car. And the price (the listed price is not the price I'm paying) leaves me some room to improve it as I see fit. It needs nothing, but as an initial matter I'm going to install some proper seatbelts. Also, since it'll be my daily driver, for fuel economy I'll probably also exchange out the dual Webers.

I pick it up on Friday--can't wait to drive it.

Thanks again. I'm very impressed with the 2002 community. Great bunch of people.