• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: 1976 BMW 2002 4 speed

ultimated

Selling my project - need money for a new daily driver. 1976 2002 4 speed. Mileage unknown, odo reads 43,000. This car had been sitting in a garage for over a year, before that was a daily driver for the owner's son at college. Low mileage, smooth running engine installed by Europcar in Morristown, NJ; Gary claims it came out of a car with 20K miles. Manual shifts OK, slight gronch in second gear that has improved since I changed the trans fluid. At some point there was a budget respray in light almost white beige that has begun to flake off and bubble in spots, original paint was sienna brown. Spare tire well has rusted through in spots. Rear passenger floor behind the driver has also rusted through, about 2 inch in diameter. Shock towers are solid. We installed a new old stock carburetor, model 40DFAV Weber with a custom manifold that had been sitting in my brother's garage since he sold his last 2002.

The body had some surface rust that I sanded and treated w/ rust converter (see pictures). It is waiting for more sanding and priming. Also treated some chassis surface rust, but the chassis rails are still solid. I spent some time under the car while it was on a lift chasing down rust and treating it. It has Alpina style wheels in pretty good shape, the tires have some dry rot but still hold air.

Interior: rear seat has been recovered I just shampooed the carpets and cleaned up the interior. Heater box doesn't work. Speedo probably needs new cable, works intermittently. Gas gauge doesn't work, sender doesn't appear to be the issue.

I bought door seals in anticipation of getting it resprayed in the spring, they will be included with sale.

$2500.

IMGP1604.JPG

IMGP1606.JPG

sideviewright.jpg

• 1 month later...