• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Star Classics tii

Bissy72

I'm not easily impressed, usually, but that car looks pretty good. The price

is certainly less than it'd take to make something that pretty, by a factor

of almost 2.

That said, before I spent that much on a car that was designed to last 5 years,

I'd have them pull the back seat and rear side and door panels

and look REALLY hard at it. Because it has (had) rust- they all do- and

how they repaired it will be key to how long the car will hold its value.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I don't know much about the UK 02 market...maybe there just isn't high demand for 02s there, much less ones that are that price. It says the car was worked on at Jaymic - they seem to have a good reputation. You could contact Jaymic and see what they did to it; they seem like the kind of place that might keep good records.

That price would translate to $25,500 USD, roughly. That would certainly buy you a very very nice tii here. There have been some that have sold for more than that recently, but those cars have a lot of provenance, and are usually totally original "survivors", or close to it.

The car certainly looks attractive in the pictures. If you are interested in buying it, I would want to know what is original vs what has been replaced (ie is the motor original). Also the condition of the body - is it perfect, or wasn't it "restored" during the restoration. That's the big one. If the body is great, motor is original, it runs good and everything works, it doesn't seem like an outrageous price.

Just my two cents. Good luck.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI