• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1600ti pistons

pkbinplano

My shelf set is std bore Klobenschmidt bathtubs but not extradordinarily high compression 8.3:1. I got these new on a closeout and ran them for about 500 miles while I was building my E12 head engine that used the piano tops.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Interesting, Why would someone do this to these pistons ? They actually look like the 8.6/1CR 1600 pistons, but with cut-out valve reliefs. Their dome height suggests they are 1600 8.6CR pistons. Someone must have used a radically profiled cam and cut out the reliefs to compensate for the long duration on a high performance cam.

Stroke is 71mm so mine are 1600 pistons. Engine history unknown, but it is likely the block used when the car was raced in SCCA GT3/4 from 1980-1990. Notes from the original owner say they used a modified Kawasaki cam at some point. I don't have any details on that cam and whether it was from a motorcycle or not. The engine came to me with a 121ti head and mild Norris model 301 cam. No porting was done so I suspect it may not be the original head. (As I read the 1980 GCR and supplementals for 1980, the engine was free in SCCA GT2/3/4 except for displacement, though I could be wrong.)

Will be interested if anyone has a known piston with the same markings as mine.

--Fred '74tii and '69GT3

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

• 3 years later...

This site claims to have 1600ti pistons in stock, and for a very good price. They offer three oversized pistons, as well as standard size pistons.

http://www.oldtimer-motorenteile.com/product_info.php?language=en&info=p2428_piston-bmw-1600-ti--67---68.html&

I'll purchase a set and compare with stock 1600 pistons.  

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

• 5 years later...
On 1/14/2016 at 6:35 PM, danco_ said:

This site claims to have 1600ti pistons in stock, and for a very good price. They offer three oversized pistons, as well as standard size pistons.

http://www.oldtimer-motorenteile.com/product_info.php?language=en&info=p2428_piston-bmw-1600-ti--67---68.html&

I'll purchase a set and compare with stock 1600 pistons.  

I know I'm reviving an old thread (for the second time), but did you end up buying these pistons? I'm planning my rebuild and I'd like a set of these in the near future...

Edited by G-P