• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

19 inch rims on a 2002!

gretchen72

Up until three days ago I would have said that 19's were a stupid idea, but now...

This is just an inspirational photo shoot to motivate me. There's no photoshop here, just lots of sticky tape, $7 worth of primer and the rims off my 'other German car'

post-21246-1366766756181_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+1

(Technically, +6.) I'm with you in that I didn't think that this would work, or would look remotely reasonable. But I really like what you've got going there. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

Well, it was originally just for a laugh as the Audi RS4 rims were the only ones I had to hand, but after I put them on, well, I kind of fell in love with the look.

The reality is I had to drop the body onto the rear wheels and squash them into the tubs, so.., let's face it, 235 series rubber on 19" rims ain't gonna to fit, but it was a nice experiment.

Guest Anonymous

Wow its like those detroit fantasy cars, the ones we are supposed to drool over nowadays, looks cool but for my money a set a the Alpina 16s sportin pirilli 50s would do the trick, you lookin for a home for the original hubcaps, they are way cool too.

Dave Miller

DBMW2002

Looks like a full size hotwheels car!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Wow its like those detroit fantasy cars, the ones we are supposed to drool over nowadays, looks cool but for my money a set a the Alpina 16s sportin pirilli 50s would do the trick, you lookin for a home for the original hubcaps, they are way cool too.

Dave Miller

DBMW2002

Well, I wouldn't call it a Detroit fantasy car, but I get your point.

Alpina rims have always been my first choice, but now maybe I've opened my mind to other options, and the Alpina's, well, everyone puts them on and it's not an Alpina...

I have lots of original hubcaps, one is brand new and still in the original packaging from BMW...

WHY would you do that to a Touring!?!?!?!

When I bought Gretchen my mates laughed their asses off. "Why would you buy a 'Mr Bean' car", was one comment. Well, she ain't no 'Mr Bean' car anymore...

Sure, it's not to everyone's taste, and as I said, it was for a bit of a laugh. I was just looking for honest opinions and clearly I have pressed some buttons, which is actually quite helpful.

I'll be blogging the build, which is a full, bare metal, ground up, burger-with-the-lot resto. Some of you will disagree with the path I am going, but some of you might just appreciate the effort that will go into this build.

Oh, the colour will definitely NOT be candy apple red, if that sets some of your minds at ease.