• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

19 inch rims on a 2002!

gretchen72

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous
Sounds more like an easy out because you can't support your points, but so it goes. Nice pic. No 19's required!

You just keep egging me on, don't you? :)

This Billy Goat happens to think that the grass is lovely on this side of the bridge, thank you very much.

But of course. You called BS and cannot support your own points. Just respond to the content. I won't be mean. I promise. Please tell us all about how plus 6 does not change the original character of a 2002. Inquiring minds want to know.......

Sounds more like an easy out because you can't support your points, but so it goes. Nice pic. No 19's required!

This Billy Goat happens to think that the grass is lovely on this side of the bridge, thank you very much.

But of course. You called BS and cannot support your own points. Just respond to the content. I won't be mean. I promise. Please tell us all about how plus 6 does not change the original character of a 2002. Inquiring minds want to know.......

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

Woah, woah, woah!!!! Everyone calm down. I started this thread as a bit of a laugh and it's all become quite serious.

Just to clarify. 19's WONT FIT ON AN UNMODIFIED 2002, so the argument is pointless. I had to let the air out of the rear tyre and squeeze the wheel into the well for the photo...

As far as I'm concerned Gretchen will have either 17's or 16's, depending on what looks and fits best. As far as handling, dynamics, original feel, blah, blah, blah... If you want to experience the original dynamics of a 2002 then restore one to perfect concourse and run steel 13's with 165 rubber and tyre technology from 40 years ago...

My car isn't a matching numbers example, so she can never go back to concourse. This has pros and cons. The cons are: it can never be a concourse car. The pros are: I can do anything I want with her, which for me is a modern update on a 1972 body, and quite frankly, I'll do whatever the hell I want with my car.

Guest Anonymous
Woah, woah, woah!!!! Everyone calm down. I started this thread as a bit of a laugh and it's all become quite serious.

Just to clarify. 19's WONT FIT ON AN UNMODIFIED 2002, so the argument is pointless. I had to let the air out of the rear tyre and squeeze the wheel into the well for the photo...

As far as I'm concerned Gretchen will have either 17's or 16's, depending on what looks and fits best. As far as handling, dynamics, original feel, blah, blah, blah... If you want to experience the original dynamics of a 2002 then restore one to perfect concourse and run steel 13's with 165 rubber and tyre technology from 40 years ago...

My car isn't a matching numbers example, so she can never go back to concourse. This has pros and cons. The cons are: it can never be a concourse car. The pros are: I can do anything I want with her, which for me is a modern update on a 1972 body, and quite frankly, I'll do whatever the hell I want with my car.

Of course you will. Carry on. make sure to post pictures. The best laugh is where you find it. Carry on.

Guest Anonymous

Don't hold back on my account. Dazzle us with how plus 6 works out. I won't hold my breath.

Guest Anonymous
A 16/17 in that 7-spoke Audi style will look awesome!

notBlunt - reread my post carefully...

Ah Grasshopper. A hidden meaning perhaps? I read them. They don't make sense and you do not wish to speak to the content of your original post. I don't know a thing about billy-goats. I do know that 19's on a 2002 are nonsense. I am done. you can have the lat word. Why not try some content?

Ah Grasshopper. A hidden meaning perhaps? I read them. They don't make sense and you do not wish to speak to the content of your original post. I don't know a thing about billy-goats. I do know that 19's on a 2002 are nonsense. I am done. you can have the lat word. Why not try some content?

Sorry, no hidden meaning. Maybe a for-shortened explanation which warrants furthering, but I'll be happy to entertain once I know who I am entertaining...

Billy Goat reference for those who have forgotten their nursery school days:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Billy_Goats_Gruff

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, no hidden meaning. Maybe a for-shortened explanation which warrants furthering, but I'll be happy to entertain once I know who I am entertaining...

Billy Goat reference for those who have forgotten their nursery school days:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Billy_Goats_Gruff

No interest in Norway's fairy tales. I did enjoy the diesel fantasy though. Happy New Year. I am off to annoy the E24 guys.

Guest Anonymous
Troll off then
Rookies, always good for a chuckle. I'll do as I please. Make sure to let us know how you rice up your car. You should really check out E30's. Those guys have been ruining theirs for years.

Let's see. Plus 6 doesn't change the handling characteristics? Horsepucky. The very nature of a 2002 is that it is a moderately powered, lightweight and tossible sedan with narrow tires. That is the nature of the vehicle. It's the same argument as stuffing an S14 in a 2002. You might like it, but it changes the original character of the car. I have a degree in applied mathmatics and a masters in engineering, so I get the math. 19's with rubber band tires changes the character of the 2002.

Please dont use my name Not even in a "not blunt" context

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Guest Anonymous
Let's see. Plus 6 doesn't change the handling characteristics? Horsepucky. The very nature of a 2002 is that it is a moderately powered, lightweight and tossible sedan with narrow tires. That is the nature of the vehicle. It's the same argument as stuffing an S14 in a 2002. You might like it, but it changes the original character of the car. I have a degree in applied mathmatics and a masters in engineering, so I get the math. 19's with rubber band tires changes the character of the 2002.

Please dont use my name Not even in a "not blunt" context

You got it. Especially since you said please. I won't use notSteve either. Need to look up my old password I guess.