• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Early shifter boot mounting ring

Ryan_71-02

welded to the tunnel housing and surrounds the shift lever opening, but only on 2002s with short consoles and round shift boots (pre modell 71 cars with 166/167xxxx VINs). The lip retains the lower edge of the round rubber shift lever boot and isn't needed on later cars with square shift boots.

I checked the factory parts book and it doesn't seem to be listed with body parts--didn't check to see if it's with the transmission/shift linkage, but it's not a bolt-on part so I doubt if it's there.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for the picture. If memory serves, it's just spot welded in place isn't it?

Ryan

Based on my picture ^, it appears there are (6) spot welds. Doubtful the ring is a replacement part since it was most likely deleted when the long console was introduced.

You might not even need the ring to secure the boot. A possible dirt cheap fix would be to cut the bottom section of a metal (coffee) can that is the same diameter and pop rivet it to the tunnel.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"